Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discoloured skin, any remedies?

• 08-02-2007 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

Had a bit of an accident several weeks ago and go a carpet burn on my forehead! (long story).
    Anyway it's healed nicely and I didn't pick at it but now it's a rather light pink colour and very noticable compared to the rest of my forehead. I'm fairly certain it's not scarred as it was very nasty to begin with but it was 90% better within a week.

Is there anything I can do so its the same colour as the surrounding skin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Some form of foundation/concealer perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I know the whole metrosexual thing is a big fad these days but being a guy I'm not going to wear makeup, but thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I really want to know how it happened, sounds like a great night!:p

Apart from that, vitamin E is supposed to help skin heal really quickly. You can buy capsules that look a little like mini flying saucers thst you rub into the skin.

Caliden wrote:
    I know the whole metrosexual thing is a big fad these days but being a guy I'm not going to wear makeup, but thanks anyway.
    You asked for something to make it the colour of the surrounding skin, what, apart from make-up, were you expecting? Some form of skin-paint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

some useful advice would have been nice ;)

• Advertisement

Caliden wrote:
    some useful advice would have been nice ;)
    Get a negroplasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Honey helps skin heal significantly.

http://www.kitchenmedicinebook.com/016809.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Scars on guys make you more manly! Just tell people you headbutt some scumbag.
    I had a forehead burn, did it in a fish shop in howth.. the thing that they use to heat the bags to seal them. I was checking an ethernet cable on the till as it was offline and did not notice this thing till i heard a sizzle and felt the pain :D
    Like yours the scab came off quick and it was pink but after a week it was gone..

So just have some patience.. short of makeup or whatever non girl word you want to use for makeup there is no magic solution.
    You could try tanning... though this might burn the new skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

It's not a god idea to tan fresh skin from under a wound. Other than that the advice is good. Wait it out and you should soon be back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

heya, you could try this stuff called "bio oil" - its really good for evening out skin tone and smoothing scars and chaffed skin etc. you can get it in Roches Stores and most chemists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bio Oil is good, although tbh the best remedy is time. I have some scars on my face from an accident last year and unfortunately I found just waiting was the best for them returning to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Caliden wrote:
    Had a bit of an accident several weeks ago and go a carpet burn on my forehead! (long story).

QUOTE]
    Wear a helmet and avoid rzzers

Advertisement