Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Problem

Options
  • 08-02-2007 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

I was just wondering what download speeds would you expect to get from Digiwebs 5mb metro Package. There contention ratio is advertised at 20/1.

I changed over from there 3mb package as I was getting really bad speed test results, from there own speed test site and the BlackKnight speed test site, during peak hours over the last 2-3 weeks. I did the usual before making the decision to change to there next package, ie checked for virus, adware etc, I connect directly to the modem via cat5 cable, i dont use file sharing programmes and the the most obvious.....I spoke to there tech support who said my signal was strong and it was probably the contention ratio on the 3mb pakage that I was on.
    I was a bit suspect of this as I had always got a good speed result from the above mentioned sites even during bad weather and it all only began 2-3 weeks ago. I live in Ballyfermot so I think I am on the Clondalkin mast. So I took the tech supports advice, as I like the idea of having less contention and I am now on there 5mb package but my speeds are yo-yoing all the time, dropping as low as 1.3mb download according to the tests sites mentioned earlier. I spoke to the tech support earlier today and he didn't seem to find anything wrong with the signal strength and he then began saying that the contention ratio could cause this... :mad: ... needless to say I am not happy about this. He advised me to send screen shots of the speed tests to them and they will get back to me.

Any one got any ideas what is going on. :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm having a similar issue here. I only got it installed on Friday and it was perfect then... but since then I've been testing it during the day and in the evening and the download speeds have been in and around just 1mb.

Upload speeds don't seem to be affected though.

I haven't got on to them about it yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shardx

Hi Monkeyfudge,

Yeah the upload speeds are fine always have been. I have been with Digi for over a year and had a similar problem like the one I just posted. It occurred last year which took 2 months to resolve :eek: Mind you I wasn't billed for the 2 months but it took an engineer visit to realise that I was on the 3 rock site and I shouldn't have been, so I was told, after that everything was fine until 3 weeks ago. :confused:

Advertisement