Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford and the Four City Syndrome

• 08-02-2007 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone listen to Eamon Ryan on The Last Word this evening?

I was moved to send him this missive
    Hi Eamon

I was listening to your discussion on The Last Word regarding Dublins transport authority and associated matters,
    as you noted the infrasture requirments for elsewhere you named checked Cork, Galway and Limerick along with Dublin 6 or 7
    times.

I take it your Waterford canditate won't be bothering too hard to win votes down here as we clearly aren't on the Green
    Partys radar!

Cheers

I await his reply :)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Maybe if our Green party candidate in Waterford wasn't such a fruitcake and actually paid some attention to what is going on in his party, we mightn't have to listen to this rubbish from the Greens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

If I was running a political party and BMcC was my Waterford candidate.. I'd be pretending the place didnt exist too..

Trotter wrote:
    If I was running a political party and BMcC was my Waterford candidate.. I'd be pretending the place didnt exist too..

But I mean really, he is a liability on the green front. The local party tried to depose him as their leader a few years ago because he basically lost touch with the grass roots. He advocates out of town developments over city centre developments, which is totally against Green party policy. It seems pretty clear that he is not in touch with the national party proper either, because they are not even aware of the existence of the city.

Contrast him with Cullinane, a Dail candidate from another minority party. The guy was a candidate for the European parliament, is on the Ard Comhairle of the party, is on a heap of committees, etc. You can be damn sure that Waterford will not be excluded from anything SF proposes. Then you take McCann, who is off with the fairies objective to developments left, right and centre, and essentially having nothing to do with his own party.

Maybe it's time we asked McCann wtf is with Waterford's constant omission from green party policies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭derdoh

It seems sky news only thinks Ireland has 4 cities also.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

derdoh wrote:

Knock is a city?:eek: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mike65 wrote:
    Anyone listen to Eamon Ryan on The Last Word this evening?

I was moved to send him this missive

I await his reply :)

Mike.

Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Weird, I may have committeed a boo-boo, the discussion must have been on The Right Hook. I just scanned the Last Word wma files and can't find it. :o

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

derdoh wrote:

Weird, no Waterford, no Galway and Knock is now a city. :confused: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Van

merlante wrote:
    But I mean really, he is a liability on the green front. The local party tried to depose him as their leader a few years ago because he basically lost touch with the grass roots. He advocates out of town developments over city centre developments, which is totally against Green party policy. It seems pretty clear that he is not in touch with the national party proper either, because they are not even aware of the existence of the city.

Contrast him with Cullinane, a Dail candidate from another minority party. The guy was a candidate for the European parliament, is on the Ard Comhairle of the party, is on a heap of committees, etc. You can be damn sure that Waterford will not be excluded from anything SF proposes. Then you take McCann, who is off with the fairies objective to developments left, right and centre, and essentially having nothing to do with his own party.

Maybe it's time we asked McCann wtf is with Waterford's constant omission from green party policies.

At least now we know where your own political loyalties lie!!

Van wrote:
    At least now we know where your own political loyalties lie!!

If you've figured it out, could you let me know? I've been wondering about this myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement