Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Grange Rath, Drogheda ?

Options
  • 08-02-2007 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

My brother lives in Grange Rath (near the back). His phone line fails for broadband so he got in Digiweb, however after a degradation in the service he called them out & they came out, took all the gear away & said he should have never got it in the first place (even though it *was* working).

Is there anyone else who can supply him ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aersat

iMax

Both Vodafone and Three have recently introduced high speed mobile broadband products.
    The vodafone service uses a usb modem(129euro),while three use a data card(49euro) with a minimum 12 month contract at 39.99 a month.
    Three also give a 14 day money back guarantee to try it out.

Aersat.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

You could also try Irish Broadband. Irish Broadband couldn't get a signal where I am, I am just off the Boulevard.

Digiweb has just got worse and worse since October, it is not exactly reliable, my 12 months are up in June, I will get rid of Digiweb, I dont care if there is no alternative as the service I have is p*ss poor.

There has been so much talk of Colpe exchange being ADSL enabled, I think it is P*ss poor that you live on an estate that is as big as a small town and it doesn't have basic infastructure for cable or ADSL.

I have to laugh at the ads for the Million plus euro houses in Grange Rath, all home automation, but can't connect to the outside world.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I read this in the Drogheda Independent on Thursday: http://planning.meath.ie/planning_enquiry.taf?_filenumber=SA70023

This new exchange will replace the cabinet RSU that are currently supplying the estate with telephone services only.

It will almost certainly be broadband enabled and ties in with comments from eircom in this post.

Those with 9818xxx numbers will almost certainly be moved to this exchange. I think there are also lines that are connected to the Drogheda exchange with >3 miles of copper wires but I don't have a clue on what will happen to these customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

iMax wrote:
    My brother lives in Grange Rath (near the back). His phone line fails for broadband so he got in Digiweb, however after a degradation in the service he called them out & they came out, took all the gear away & said he should have never got it in the first place (even though it *was* working).

Is there anyone else who can supply him ?

Grange Rath due to have its phone exchange upgraded by June, so Eircom and BT will be able to supply DSL broadband. Gotta be better than Digiweb there, hearing a lot of horror stories with people that have used them in Grange Rath

I'd say it was a case of Digiweb becoming far too greedy in grange rath. One mast is not really going to handle the needs of an estate of 900 houses (I think it's that many). They should have turned away customers if they couldn't provide them with a working service instead of crippling the service for everyone. And it's probably not possible for them to build an new mast either.

Hold out till July and mabye it will work then. But I'm not sure what eircom are going to do with lines that already have numbers, which are assigned to the Patrick St. exchange. I haven't ever seen an existing line being connected to a new exchange. It will be interesting to see if all people within grange rath will pass the line test come July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tamlinek

hi! how is digiweb right now? exchange is almost finished I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pedropumpalot

I dont exactly where in Drogheda you live but IBB are putting an extra high site around Drogheda soon that will mean extra Breeze and Ripwave. IBB will have huge capacity in that area, check them out I believe the new site will be on the north side of the river.

They'd want to. There's a single mast in the donore industrial estate in the south of the town. Not really enough for the size of the area.

That's no good for the area around Grange Rath. Unless they would see the second base station mentioned by the last poster.

I don't think Metro can be seen from Grange Rath, and that's from the highest part of North Drogheda. I'm open to correction on that however.

Advertisement