Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 Should I Buy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mike07

Yeah, have been warned off them-- considering the alfa though-- Ive driven a few and really like them. Have spoken to a few owners and mixed rewiews, but the concensus seems to be.
    1. Those that have engine trouble, are those that dont top up oil and service regularly
    2. Those that have body, electrical problems should have spotted when buying had they known where to look.
    I'm not paying much, so cannot lose much, and there should be plenty spare parts around the country:D -- reading the threads it would appear that if i do break down on the motorway, there should be another parked up within 100m of me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Actually there's only one reliable Alfa in the country; all us owners have cobbled it together out of the bits that fell off our own cars. We each get to drive it once a month for an hour, then we top up with 4 litres of oil, resolder all the wiring connectors and replace the timing belts before passing it on to the next guy. We then go sit in a darkened room for the rest of the month, jabbing ourselves in the eye with a pointed stick, cos all we know is punishment.

On the Mazda, the old man's on his second as a company car. Put 90k on the first one in 3 yrs & reckoned it was still as tight as when he got it. (of course the interior is a complete Alfa rip off but we won't get in to that...)

Advertisement