Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldfish, Koi, Cranes and frogs.

Options
  • 08-02-2007 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭

I have a situation where my 8 fish (four Goldfish and 4 Coi) were sizable, lovely things, and eaten by what we presume was a crane. Before we get another bunch, we've been advised to make a wish mesh to cover the pond to stop the birds from striking.

Howover, last year , we had a number of frogs visit the same pond, and I want to try and make sure they are comfortable to come back again. Is there any way that I can implement wire mesh to protect the fish from airborne attack, but still leave the pond accessible to frogs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No problem. The mesh for a fish pond does not have to be very fine. It can be wide enough to allow frogs free access to and from the water.

BTW: It can't be a crane as we don't have them here. I take it you meant a Heron.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

No problem. The mesh for a fish pond does not have to be very fine. It can be wide enough to allow frogs free access to and from the water.

BTW: It can't be a crane as we don't have them here. I take it you meant a Heron.

thanks Nylah Creamy Pasture. Could have been a heron alright, I'm not knowledgable on birds. All I know was that a big leggy bird was spotted looking suspicious in the area on the nights of the disappearances!

Advertisement