Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Spider

Options
  • 08-02-2007 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Um I'm not sure if this is the right area to be posting in, so bear with me if it isn't.
    Well a few months ago my bathroom acquired a new house spider, and don't get me wrong, I quite like spiders. There's just one problem....everytime I take a shower he comes darting out of his little hiding place and crawls all over his web...I'm completely baffled as to why he does this? Any ideas? I think he might be confusing the droplets with prey or something. But any ideas would be welcome :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm, don't know. Maybe just wants to see what is going on. I have one in my bathroom too, above the shower. He doesn't really mind me though. No sharp movements.
    Somehow the gf wants me to move him, don't know why? :confused:

:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Ya I think you're right the droplets of water are alerting him that something is on his web so he's checking if theres any dinner around!

Keep an eye on him he might have a pair of binoculars and could be a peeping tom:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mickoo

vibrations in a spiders web tell him he's caught prey so he is coming out to investigate his web-poor fella must be hungry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

By any chance were there flys hovering around you before taking your shower??

They could have attracted him as spiders have a very keen sense of hearing.

Advertisement