Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensation on inside of Garden Shed

Options
  • 08-02-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a wooden garden shed 8*8 ft with a galvanised roof.The inside of the shed (walls & Roof) are lined with plastic.I noticed a while back that there was alot of coindensation gathering on the inside of the roof on the plastic so thought maybe it needs some air so I drilled a few small holes in each wall.I noticed agian tonight that some items are actually wet as a result of the condensation dripping onto them.Anybody any idea what might be causing this and how to cure it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I had a similar problem with a metal roof .... a big one !!!! :(

I purchased some bales of 1/2" thick polystyrene sheets .... 4ft x 2ft if I rem correctly ....... stuck them on the inside surface of the roof using regular Polystyrene adhesive and never had a problen since .... (that was 15 years ago and still doing the job)

Rem this must be done when the roof is bone dry so perhaps it's a summer job .....

Advertisement