Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair a LCD screen on a digital camera

Options
  • 08-02-2007 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, not even sure if this is possible, but has anyone heard of a screen on a digital camera being replaced or fixed. there is a fairly heavy duty crack in the screen on my digital camera, and im quite attached to it....

Can anyone offer some advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What exactly is the extend of the damage: Is there any sort of image still on the LCD? Is there damage to the rest of the camera,etc?
    Make and model of the camera, and dimensions of the LCD?
    It is possible - but most likely, too expensive to be worth it unless you're willing to do it / get someone to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

hmmm, just looked at the makers website (Kyocera) and there doesnt seem to be any cust support system. shame, since i really like this camera (SL300R).

Not to worry.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Same thing happened to me a few years ago with my digital camera. The price I was quoted for having it fixed was fairly steep (somewhere north of €100) so I ended up throwing out a perfectly good camera and buying another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

You could try ebay, e.g. this one in wicklow! Though the price seems high relative to previous auctions.
    You can probably sell your old one as damaged on ebay as well. The difference should be cheaper than a repair?

Advertisement