Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winning targets

Options
  • 08-02-2007 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Is it a good idea to post some of the winning targets from competition? Or if we are brave enough to show when we think we have done a nice target outside of competition?
    I know we have have 2 photo's threads, but not much stuff gets posted like what I am talking about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Well, I'll be the first then..... This is from my first 10m Air Rifle match last weekend in UCD. I've only been shooting AR for 3 weeks so excuse the shotgun effect on some of the targets.
    Perhaps Sparks, original_psycho et. Al. might put up some of their 570+ targets by way of comparison
    1171011187-16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Wish I had a 570+ to put up bigred :D
    And 437 after three weeks is absolutely fine!

Hmmm. I should have a score around here somewhere...

MarkDennehy.jpg

And some smallbore shots:
    25yd indoor:
    25yd_Nationals_100_640x480.jpg

25yd indoor (D'Oh! :D) :
    NearlyTun.jpg

50m outdoor:
    50mBullseye_640x480.jpg

(yeah, the 50m one doesn't count as a score, but it was such a nice shot that I actually cut it from the card on the day 'cos it was the first card on the first day I was training with the national squad :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

could we put up a standard size target for dowload and have a mini cometition

say same target 10m for air
    50m for .22
    and 100 for full bore

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

Go on so, I will disgrace myself...

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

mosulli4

I was at Hilltop trying out pistols prior to purchase.

Each target contains...

1.A group shot with two hands supporting pistol

2. An off-hand group.

My opinion - the taurus and beretta were too big for my hands, despite good groups,I had the most fun with the glock -and the glock cluster is 4 shots.

All off-hand groups shot very high, often missing the shoot-n-see target. down to control on my behalf

mosulli4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I was going to post up some of my own targets... but I think I would have more credibility if I just got the thread closed!!!!!!!:eek:

Ahh I might take the plunge..... tommorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rafer

Hi mosulli4
    What distance were you shooting from? Those two handed shots look very good.

Hi, this is my first go at rapid fire. .22lr
    It's 20 shots at about 15yds. No timer but I think about 17 seconds. Two handed as well.
    Take no notice of the Shania Twain CD, eh, it's my wife's

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

A group shot last weekend , 50 Rnds .40 CCI Blazer 185 Gr , from .40 Cal HPS Les Baer , distance 18 Mts ,Target centre 1500 Reduced for 25 mt, all shots from a two handed grip .

Rafer,

It was short range - whatever the nearest is in Hilltop - 7 to 10 yards I would say...

regards,

mosulli4

• Advertisement

Nice one les45....
    You too mosulli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Two out of four tons (100's) scored in Rathdrum last Sunday. The 10 ring is 12.92mm in diameter, the bullet is 5.6mm in diameter and the range is 25 yards. Cutting the line of the 10 ring gets you a 9!

Championship_3_4.jpg

Championship_4_5.jpg

Different shooters btw, the first guy had another ton, but this one was prettier!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

rrpc wrote:
    the first guy had another ton, but this one was prettier!
    :D:D:D:D I still say my ton was prettier still :D:D:D:D
    NearlyTun.jpg

I still say my ton was prettier still
    You would think so, but cross shooting on your own target? Oops!

That makes it a 99!

Anyway, I think I can trump you seeing as my last ton may be published in Shooters Digest :cool:

Beat that!

Anyway, I think I can trump you seeing as my last ton may be published in Shooters Digest cool.gif

And indeed it is, on your newstands now Ladies and Gentlemen :)

Advertisement