Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toaster and Egg Poacher

Options
  • 09-02-2007 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I might get one of these? It was in one of the papers the other day but I got side-tracked in work and forgot to look at the paper again. I can get it off eBay for about €90 shipped from the states but then theres the voltage problem......

Can anyone help? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I've seen those on eBay and to be honest it worried me. These devices are made for the US market operating at "120VAC 1200W" yet they are pushing them on ebay.ie and saying they will ship anywhere in the world !!

Somebody needs to let eBay know about this urgently as it is a health risk.

Maybe someone knows different but I searched on google and all links go back to the American model at 120V. The stepdown transformer for this would be quite large too !

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

You can poach an egg in some boiling water quite easily my brother managed it at the weekend....boil water stir it up get it flowing around the pot then crack egg and drop in easy!

only delay we found was time it takes like 10 minutes to do a poached egg so if there are 4 of ye its a pain - this silly gadget does nt help that either - any product needing such a gimmicky site has issues :D

Advertisement