Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else getting 5mb speed with MAGNET?

Options
  • 09-02-2007 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

For the past 3 days now i have been getting a steady 5mb speed with magnet, anyone else????????

cramp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

ive always gotten about 5mbps down and 1mbps upload solid

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Not me. 4.03mbps down/ 603kbps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Darn its seems to be sticking at 4.25mb at present!!!!

dublin area....

cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Hope this isnt too off topic!! But are any of you guys in the Dublin 13 area??

Am dumping NTL and am seriuosly considering Magnet, any advice would be appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Hacketry

cramp wrote:
    For the past 3 days now i have been getting a steady 5mb speed with magnet, anyone else????????

cramp

Do you have the Magnet TV bundle and does 5mbps mean the channel chsnge is instant?

• Advertisement

Coming in at 4.5mb
    @branners69
    yes m8 bayside/sutton ,
    @hacketry
    Was going to opt for teh whole package for teh 8mb line, but reviews for this service aint too good!!!!

cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrooqie

I oredered Magnet 8meg in Sanyford area. After i connected hardware i got only 1,5meg and 128kbps. HORRBILE!. They told me - some internal wiring issues. BUL****. So now i go back to my good Digiweb 3mbps/384 witch was perfect before but limits 40gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

This is what I've been getting for the last couple of weeks now

89745434.png

89743028.png

89740659.png

Not bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭johncorleone

Considering that Eircom only allow Annex.A for LLU providers, and the maximum upstream with Annex.A is 1 - 1.2Mb/s then that speedtest is completely inaccurate, on at least the upload capacity, and probably the download capacity as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bungholio

83258579.png

Seems there server doesnt support my upload, as my upload is the same as my download, tested to a london ftp server and i get almost 11MB upload and download, i have seen it at 14mb as well

100MB in just over 1 minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

are you on ADSL2+ or the FTTH system.

Also, i finally got back to magnet today.
    4.5mbps to the Dublin one, and about 5.5mbps to London & Amsterdam, and 4.2mbps to Sweden :-)

This gives a nice overview overall.
    http://www.speedtest.net/global.php?random=64585&continent=3&country=49

Of Ireland in general, you can click on the upload tab too, but bare in mind the upload for magnet is boosted also since they contain users on Fibre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bungholio

im on the ftth

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

A friend of mine in the Dublin 11 area just got Magnet installed last night. I did a speedtest and he's getting 7.1Mb down and 636kb up. He's using the phone line...

Also on ftth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

gqma0 wrote:
    Also on ftth
    Is this a test for a product they will release?

No idea but I'm not trying to find out

Did a few test again tonight from different servers

90366150.png

90367239.png

90367531.png

The best speed I got was 18Mb in Download

checking some other countries, those stats beat Japan !?? I thought they were on much higher speeds. That can't be possible

i assume that u guys are on the 8mb line with TV or on Fibre optic..????
    Iam on the Magnet lite 4mb line!!

cramp

Advertisement