Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl frozen Prawns

• 09-02-2007 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am looking for suggestions for what to do with some frozen whole prawns I got from Lidl??

I also got a whole precooked crab which I was gonna serve as a salad....

Any suggestions?

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

mikep wrote:
    Hi All

I am looking for suggestions for what to do with some frozen whole prawns I got from Lidl??

Any suggestions?

Mike

If they are peeled, do what I did with the ALDI lot I had, fry em up, in a work very a very small amount of oil (they are full of water so you will have to keep tipping it out if you dont have a professional gas cooker like me) then chuck in a bunch of the ready wok noodles and a small amount of sweet chili sauce. Simplest thing in the world and one of the tastiest I have made in ages.

Usually I make complicated stuff, but this was worth the whole 10 mins it took.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Make King Prawn (assuming they are King) Thai Green Curry.. its yum!! If you want to be lazy use the sharwoods green curry sauce. Otherwise get some paste and coconut milk. Loveloy stuff!! Either way put in a little dark soy sauce, Thai Fish sauce (tiny bit) and some ginger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭mikep

The prawns are whole....Shells on plus claws etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

fry 'em with lots of garlic, maybe a little tomato, little dried chilli, add lots of lemon juice, pepper and maybe some rocket leaves and eat with your fingers and the best crusty bread you can find. And a nice bottle of white!

Or you could do a variation on that with spaghetti or linguine, less lemon juice and more olive oil.

God I'm hungry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

UB wrote:
    fry 'em with lots of garlic, maybe a little tomato, little dried chilli, add lots of lemon juice,
    Thats pretty much what I do too, I leave them defrost in the bag overnight and most of the water comes out and is drained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Are the prawns raw or cooked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Taglitelle Pasta
    Olive oil
    Juice of half a lemon
    1 clove of garlic (crushed)
    Some chopped fresh parsley
    1 red chilli sliced into rings (you can use the seeds if you like it hot)
    handful of frozen prawns (you can use crabmeat instead of the prawns)

Cook the pasta, drain it and then toss in a little Olive Oil to stop it from sticking together. Cover it and set it aside.

Heat some Olive oil in a pan and throw in the garlic and chilli. Fry for a minute or two. Add in the frozen frozen prawns and lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes (be careful not to over cook the prawns as they will become rubbery)

Add in the pasta and chopped parsley and pasta. Mixed it all together in the pan and serve.

Great summer dish and it goes great with a nice glass of white wine. Also works great as a starter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

mikep wrote:
    Hi All

Any suggestions?

Mike

Possibly stating the obvious, but in the Lidl flier for Chinese week, there was 2 recipes on what to with the Chinese food available. One of the recipes involved prawns. If you can find a copy of that flier, you have one suggestion of what to do with your prawns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭mikep

Here is what I did...

Shelled the prawns marinated with 3 finely chopped birds eye chillis 1 clove of garlic and a good glug of olive oil.
    Heated some oil in a fying pan (really hot!!)
    Threw in some sliced onions...stir fry for a few mins...add prawns etc...stir fry for a few mins...Yum!!

Excellent starter!!

Thanks for all the suggestions!:D

Advertisement