Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Mobile Services

Options
  • 09-02-2007 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hiya, we've been on voda's 3G service since last July, but since early January the service is really gone to the dogs - very low throughput or falling regularly back to GPRS.

We're considering cancelling the contract (I know we're in the initial 12 month period, but the service is not living up to its promises - might be hard to get out of it but we'll try).

Anyway, a few questions on the other options:

Can we subscribe to "3"s service for a trial period? Or is it a 12 month minimum.
    Do any of the 3 or proposed O2 cards work in the linksys (vodafone branded) router, it'll at least involve a manual config.
    Has o2 launched yet and again is it a 12 month min or can we try it for a week or so first?
    Finally, anyone any idea if either of the above works in Portlaoise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

I've had the same situation.
    Vodafone working fine until a few weeks ago.
    That said, it's been back working fine for the last 48 hours,
    though with a weaker signal than it used to have.

I got a Three card last week to test out, and they say they'll accept
    it back within 14 days as a cooling off period.
    I'll find out then, as there's no coverage here.
    I tried it in Dublin though, and it was much faster than Vodafone's
    service in the same location.

NiallB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

The 3 service has a 14 day trial - speed has been increased throughout the country since yesterday. I get about 1mb download in the back ass of Kildare miles from any town.

Additional speed is meant to be added from Feb 20th when the full high speed service is launched.

Advertisement