Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what type of TV

• 09-02-2007 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭

Can anyone advice me as to whether an LCD TV is worth the extra cost? I've seen an HD Ready TV by Samsung thats an old style tv with the tube however it's alot slimmer - though not as slim as an LCD. It was good value but for the sake of maybe another €200 would I be better off getting an LCD?

Any ideas, anyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moussdog

I'm not sure what price range your going for, so I don't know how significant the €200 euro is but I was in the same dilemma since after Christmas and after much deliberation and trawling different forums trying to find out which is better LCD or Plasma, Sony or Samsung etc. I finally ended up with an 40" Samsung R74 LCD and I couldn't be happier with it.

I've never really gone for large tellies so I started laughing when I opened the box due to it's size and then when I hooked it up to the xbox 360 I laughed again. Truly amazing. Digital TV looks grand, DVD's look great and no probs hooking the PC up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

I'm going for a 32" tv and have a budget of up to about €900, I can't justify spending any more on a tv. Alot of mixed posts here about LCD TV, people seem to either have dead pixel probs or white spaces etc etc so I'm cagey about an LCD but it's obviously the way to go. I've seen a Philips HD Ready TV 32" in DID Elec for €799, which I really like however the assistant wasn't the best in explaining the benefits (if any) of LCD. The samsung crt tv again 32" HD Ready was a bargain at €599 and it was quite a slim tv!! Still undecided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭gipo2

carolinej wrote:
    The samsung crt tv again 32" HD Ready was a bargain at €599 and it was quite a slim tv!! Still undecided.

Dont get the Samsung CRT, very poor tv, due to the slim design.

Advertisement