Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

visible pores

• 09-02-2007 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

i have visible pores on my face, any idea what i could use to reduce them and make them less noticeable? thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭SystemError

I dont use warm or hot water on my face at all as it opens up pores. Youre apparently supposed to use freezing cold water to close them. If theyre really bad you can even use ice cubes on your face every day to try to shrink them.

I heard pores face a downwards angle, therefore if you use product on your face, you should apply in a downwards motion. Apply it upwards and youll forcing product and dirt into the pores that cant get out and you end up with bigger pores or spots....

Exfoliatiion and clay masks are great as are most things that says "pore refining" on the package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Clinique "Pore Minimizer" should help if they're just visible and not blocked - buy a trial size on ebay..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

megs_88 wrote:
    i have visible pores on my face, any idea what i could use to reduce them and make them less noticeable? thanks:)

Boots do a MicroDermabrasion system that is a sort of an exfoliater.. is good for same. Its a little bit expensive but watch out for boots offers.
    Try steaming your face to deep clean pores but splash with cold water afterwards (same way you would after a steamroom).
    As poster above mentioned, there are some good products out there too specifically for pore minimizing.
    Personally, i think that poster 2 might wrong with the only use cold water, warm water I would have thought would clean better than cold - splashing with cold afterwards will work to close pores again.
    I tend to suffer from the same problem & to be honest I don't think i will ever have perfect skin but some of the above do help.. if you tend to get break outs from the problem, anti-bacterial creams can help.
    xxD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭SystemError

Personally, i think that poster 2 might wrong with the only use cold water, warm water I would have thought would clean better than cold - splashing with cold afterwards will work to close pores again.
    Going on the basis that the OP said they were visible, not blocked (as strokesfan was saying) use cold to prevent them from opening further. The more you open them, the more likely they are to get blocked. If they are already blocked and you use warm water to clean them then yes, make sure you follow with cold as Backtoblack was saying.

Cold water on the face also helps blood circulation and therefore promotes healthier skin.

Advertisement