Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shunsuke Nakamura thread

• 09-02-2007 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭

For eirebhoy to promote the greatest free kick taker in the SPL. Not to be mixed up with the Gareth Bale thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunsuke_Nakamura

Basically, if another midfielder is mentioned in another thread, then eirebhoy should 'control' himself and post the naka loving here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

haha. :D I think I'll leave it til after he gets motm against Hibs tomorrow to post about him again. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bah! I think he's over rated, and as for Bale....don't get me started!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Why stop at a thread, let's have a Nakamura Supporter Forum. Singular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nakamura is the best Asian footballer that plays for Celtic

Jesus I wouldn't go that far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nakamura is a fine player that has learned to deal with the hackers in the SPL. Since going to Celtic he has improved his teamwork and work rate an awful lot. He tracks back to help out his full back, last season he didnt do that much.

Same crap all good Celtic players got, until they play in the EPL.

Tommy Smyth: "Gordon Strachan. Up ye boya!" :D:D

eirebhoy wrote:
    haha. :D I think I'll leave it til after he gets motm against Hibs tomorrow to post about him again. :p
    A few vids up on youtube.

Naka play vs Hibs
    Goal and assist yesterday

Can't wait for Tuesday. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

decent spl player

wouldnt do much in a decent league tho

see petrov for example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

or Larsson? Ultimately, he'll have to move to earn the plaudits and prove himself. I'm sure he'd move if the right wage/offer/club came in for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Riquelme gone on loan to Boca, shame cracking player gonna miss him in la Liga :D

kdjac

Helix wrote:
    decent spl player

see petrov for example
    If you'd have asked me about Petrov in the summer I'd have told you he'd be nothing special in the premiership. :) Maloney will though.
    How does quality of opposition have anything to do with judging how good a player Nakamura is? He's not a defender coming up against poor strikers. He's not a winger coming up against poor full backs. He's not a striker scoring goals against poor defences. He won't suddenly become less intelligient playing in a better league. His passing won't get worse playing in a better league. The only difference with playing for Celtic is they dominate games so he gets a lot more of the ball than when he was with Reginna. He has said this a few times. I'd also say he's a much more confident player now.

I've said it a few times but it's just as easy to judge a player playing for Celtic as it is Barcelona.

What a goal

btw - Strachan said he is the most technically gifted player he has worked with. Cantona wasn't too bad. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Helix wrote:
    decent spl player

see petrov for example

If a player is a world class free kick taker, it does not matter what league they play in for them to 'do much'.

see Beckham for example

Had the same **** when Larsson spent 7 years 'doing much' in the SPL. The EPL lovers ran him down saying he would not hack it in a 'decent league'. Makes you wonder what people really know about football though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

aye, coz players coming from scotland to other leagues always do really really well and never ever flop

Helix wrote:
    aye, coz players coming from scotland to other leagues always do really really well and never ever flop
    I presume you're trolling but anyway.

Jarosik
    Gravesen
    Miller
    Sionko
    Juninho
    Henchoz
    Camara
    Fanfan
    Rodriguez (French squad recently, haha)
    Bernard
    Letizi
    Kyrgiakos
    Buffel
    Arteta
    Flo
    Capucho
    ...there's dozens more

They're all finding it a doddle (or found it easy) in the SPL I suppose? Actually, Henri Camara was a decent SPL player but that doesn't mean you're good enough for Celtic (which is why we'd all want 2 new centre halves if we had the choice).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Helix wrote:

I don't know what you are trying to prove here but anybody anywhere can point to players that have done well in one league and flopped in another or does this only work one way?

Helix wrote:

You can be sarcastic like that about players coming from any country.

Larsson got that flak from people that followed english club all the time whilst playing for Celtic, but he went on to win Barcelona the Champions League and now plays for Man United at 36 and everyone is raving on about him.

Yea, it really does makes you wonder what people really know about football.

Well pointed out Eirebhoy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Helix wrote:

just look at morientes what a flop in the EPL but fantastic in spain and look at the king done well in spain and doing the same with united after "wasting so much time" in the spl:rolleyes:

Vennegoor in Gazette of the Sport today:
    Many times has he been found talking with his fellow countryman Seedorf about the forthcoming match between their clubs. “We have a laugh and a joke about it but I have been trying to get him to reveal some tactical secret by mistake, but Clarence is awake to this. I was trying to divert him from asking about Nakamura.” (said JVOH).

Is Nakamura is the main danger for Milan in the games against Celtic?
    “Nakamura is one of the best I have ever seen play football. The way he controls and passes the ball is fantastic and I have not seen anyone better at taking free kicks.”

• Advertisement

I'm not the only one comparing Naka and Pirlo so...

Strachan:
    "Naka does more of his damage further up the pitch than Pirlo but Pirlo is one of the chiefs for Milan. He plays deeper than Naka but he has that great ability to see a killer pass when he does get forward.
    "When he gets to within 30 yards of goal he can spot that pass or have a crack at goal and when there's a chance at a free-kick he'll take that as well.
    "Both Pirlo and Naka are confident in their own ability and their team mates trust them with the ball."

Advertisement