Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES6 on pc with wireless router

Options
  • 09-02-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hope someone can help please.

I am trying to play pes online on my laptop wirelessly. I have registered, and i am able to get online without a problem. Once i am in a lobby i cannot get a connection with other players. I have a 1mb connection and have never had a problem as such playing online with a ps2.

I read somewhere that that a port 5739 needs to be open, so i went into my firewall exceptions and added this.

can someone tell me where i am going wrong please. I have a netopia router, and can see a list of games and applications you can add, but pes isnt on there.

I can create a new program exception, but i am usure on wht i need to be entering in if that is the issue.

Thanks

Matt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Post up your options on the port adding screen and i help fill them in.

Btw this will be easy as you have gone that far and didnt just ask " help play pes plz k thx bye"

You need that port open to play.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

thanks kdjac,

here are my screen shots

i chose port forwarding rather than triggering ... is this right? ... options are the same anyway i think?

also im not 100% positive its port 5739 ... is this right?

also i have mcaffee security centre running ... is this a problem? ... and do i need to make changes in windows firewall?

Thanks again for you help
    matt

bb1hi3.gif

bb2qx4.gif

bb3fl4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Service name:Pes6
    Global port 5739 .5739
    Base 5739
    UDP

Windows just needs to allow the game onto the net, same as mcAfee.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

thanks ... i got it working ..

i did get the ports wrong though for anyone else

should be 5730

cheers again

Advertisement