Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masters of Darts - 2007

• 09-02-2007 1:31pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This Saturday sees the start of the Masters of Darts competition as England faces up to Holland.

The English teams consists of:
    Phil Taylor, Colin Lloyd, Wayne Mardle, Mervin King and Peter Manley

The Dutch team consists of:
    Raymond Van Barneveld, Roland Scholten, Michael Van Gerwen, Jelle Klaasen and Vincent Van Der Voort

The first round works as a kind of group stage with each English player playing each dutch player once. The top two ranking players from each country will then progress to the semi-finals of the competition.

The Masters of Darts Website can be found here:
    http://www.mastersofdarts.nl/main.php?page_id=1

The lineup for Saturday is:
    Mervin King V Jelle Klaasen
    Colin Lloyd v Roland Scholten
    Peter Manley V Raymond Van Barneveld
    Wayne Mardle V Vincent Van Der Voort
    Phil Taylor V Michael Van Gerwen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭sportaholic

Jelle Klaasen 0-3 Mervyn King
    Michael van Gerwen 3-0 Phil Taylor
    Raymond van Barneveld 2-3 Peter Manley
    Roland Scholten 0-3 Colin Lloyd
    Vincent van der Voort 0-3 Wayne Mardle

Sunday Fixtures
    Vincent van der Voort v Peter Manley
    Raymond van Barneveld v Mervyn King
    Michael van Gerwen v Wayne Mardle
    Roland Scholten v Phil Taylor
    Jelle Klaasen v Colin Lloyd

Is nobody showing this outside Holland?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

Apparantly not,the dutch seem to be keeping this to themselves.Reading some english forums they're not happy about it, can't get it over the net neither.The Dutch station thats broadcasting it seems to have placed some restrictions on it to stop it been viewed outside Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

what dutch station?

can get all of them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Any proxy way around it?

I think the station is sbs6.They were all trying proxy and such like but what i was reading was going over my head not been very good at computers.Check out superstars of darts website and you can see for yourselves what they're saying.You might understand it better than me.Keep me informed though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great win for Van Gerwen as he easily defeated Phil Taylor. Taylor really has been struggling of late. He has failed to win any of his last three matches so something is wrong somewhere. Barney losing to Manley is a bit of a shock. Manley has been playing pretty poor darts of late, especially in the Premier League so to beat Barney with a huge dutch following behind him is a great result.

Good wins for King, Lloyd and Mardle. Maybe Lloyd has finally found some form again because to beat Scholten 3-0 is no easy task. Im hugely disappointed with Klaasen, he seems to have gone backwards since winning the BDO World Title. Glad to see Mardle back winning again.

sbs6 is on astra 19.2east.

Merv king beat barney 3-2
    Mardle 1-3MvG
    Taylor 3-1 sholten
    Lloyd 2-3 Klaasen
    Manley 3-2 Van der Vort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Great win for Merv over Barney.

Klaasen came back from 2-0 v Lloyd to take the win - upset Lloyd as he refused to do the obligatory post match interview!

Manley came back from 2-1 down to beat Voort.

Mardle tried acting the goat to get at MvG. Celebrated every leg win and every 180 as if he'd won a world championship. Seemed to be working for a while, as he won the second set. But MvG let his darts do the talking in the end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

strange to think that Barney has now lost both his matches in the competition so far. That could be him gone now unless he wins all his remaining matches. Great win for King, he seems in goos form. Good win for Klaasen too. I have been doubting his abilities for the past while but a win over Lloyd will do him the world of good.

Taylor finally back to winning ways should give him confidence now. Manley has won both his opening matches. I never would have thought he could do it as his Premier League form has been pretty poor. MvG looks like a real prospect. Really looking forward to seeing him play in the big PDC tournaments this year, if he can qualify of course.

• Advertisement

www.infodarts.nl is the place to go for score updates. They give throw-by-throw updates. Albeit the site went down after the King-Barney game yesterday.

Apparently there is a way to view it if you have broadband and are a bit techie. Sounds complicated to a non-techie like me, but here it is:
    Open internet explorer

Click on internet options

go to........ CONNECTIONS

click on LAN settings

click by. PROXY SERVER then fill in 83.116.80.28 and under port fill in 3128

Click on OK to save the settings

Go to http://sbs6.crossmediaventures.com/darts6/

It will be a slow connection but wait for the box to appear and click to download the license

If you get an error message 'No DNS Records' just try refreshing the page until the page loads

Open up windows media player go to file > open url and type http://81.23.249.10/cross04 and then ok

The stream should then be working

Then still in windows media player gp to tools > manage licenses and back up the license

Finally untick the box in internet explorer, internet options>LAN settings>proxy server and close internet explorer

This should give a stream of the SBS-6 coverage. But bear in mind its BBC standard rather than Sky standard, so it could cut away for whatever the Dutch equivalent of Eastenders is!... I think it starts at 7pm tonight and I wouldnt be surprised if they put Taylor-Barney on first.

Great stuff Rooster. If this way actually works then im sure I can get it going.

Rooster your an absolute legend. That works perfectly and the quality is flawless. Its like watching the tv.

Barney destroyed Taylor 3-0 in a match that looked very easy for Barney. His checkout rate was close to 70% and he averaged about 104 to Taylors 100. It was a great performance. At the moment Taylor lies bottom of the English group after three games. Not to often we can say something like that.

Yeah, I got it to work too (after about 3 attempts).

Unfortunately I missed the Lloyd - MvG match which was supposed to be superb. Both men hitting a plethora of high finishes, particularly van Gerwen. But Lloyd was the one who scored better, averaging just shy of 106 - probably his highest on TV - the game went to a sudden death leg, and Lloyd won out.

I only saw the final set of Barney - Taylor, but Taylor was well beaten. I think each set was 3-1. King steamrolled Voort 3-0, Mardle beat Scholten 3-0, and the final game of the day saw Manley edge Klaasen 3-2 - a tight game, I think Klaasen had a dart to win it.

Tuesdays Matches:

Roland Scholten V Peter Manley
    Jelle Klaasen V Phil Taylor
    Raymond Van Barneveld V Wayne Mardle
    Michael Van Gerwen V Mervin King
    Vincent Van Der Voort V Colin Lloyd

Hopefully I can get the internet stream working again tonight.

Not sure how long the licence lasts. We may have to go through the same process again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭sportaholic

Kingp35 wrote:
    Tuesdays Matches:

Roland Scholten V Peter Manley
    Jelle Klaasen V Phil Taylor
    Raymond Van Barneveld V Wayne Mardle
    Michael Van Gerwen V Mervin King
    Vincent Van Der Voort V Colin Lloyd

Hopefully I can get the internet stream working again tonight.

Yeah must give it a go tonight too (cheers Rooster!)

Taylor need to have a few pies and a few pints and relax a bit (saying that though can't say I'm too sad at his recent form, glad Barney has shaken things up)

Okay, yesterday's licence is no use today - so you'll need to go to the procedures listed above again to get a licence for tonight. You can obtain the licence as soon as you want (i.e. from now) - probably the sooner the better. When you click on the initial link, just choose one of the matches, and then continue as above.

When you have your licence, the link for the darts is:
    http://www.garnierstreamingmedia.com/asx/cross04.asp

Starts at 7pm Irish time.

MVG vs Mervin king was a great match went all the way to a tiebreaker which michael got in the end 5-3 in the fifth set.

Was a very good match alright. Mervin King having a moan about the crowd saying that they were putting him off. I would love to see him play in the Premier League!

Barney against Mardle is on next.

• Advertisement

The streaming didnt work as well for me last night. Too much buffering - probably word is spreading about it.

Well Barney hammered Mardle 3-0.

Klaasen gave Taylor a good game, won the first set, and had the second set in the bag but threw it away - then Taylor went on to win 3-1.

Manley beat Scholten 3-1 - finishing being the difference.

Finally VdVoort played the best he has all week but still got trounced by Lloyd who averaged 105 in his 3-0 win.

So in the Dutch table, MvG and RvB have qualified for the semis on Saturday.

On the English side, Taylor is out! - as is Mardle.

Manley tops the table with 4 wins out of 4 - but still isnt guaranteed qualification. His sets difference is +5, but he plays MvG tonight.
    King and Lloyd both have 3 wins each and both have a sets diff of +6. Tonight King plays Scholten and Lloyd plays Barney.

Apparently the semi-finals will be England v England and Holland v Holland, which is a change from the original format published.

Apparently the semi-finals will be England v England and Holland v Holland, which is a change from the original format published.

Where did you here that Rooster. It does actually make sense though because surely it would be better to have a Holland V england final whereas the format that was originally stated wouldn't guarantee this. Will be very interesting to see MvG face off against RvB.

Cant seem to download a license tonight.

Me neither. The proxy kept timing out.
    There was another alternative (and faster) proxy
    212.204.246.11 port 3128
    but it didnt work after about 3pm, so I was too late. But worth trying that on Saturday morning.

Anyway results:

MvG vs Manley 2-3, 1-3, 3-2, 3-1, 1-3
    - Manley had a couple of darts to win it in the third set, but MvG came back to level, before Manley won out in the decider. Fair play to Manley, 5 wins out of 5 - hard to believe.
    Avgs MvG 93, Manley 99.

Barney vs Lloyd 3-1, 3-0, 3-2
    - Barney steamrolls Lloyd, meaning Lloyd is almost certainly out.
    Avgs Barney 102, Lloyd 98.

Van der Voort vs Taylor 3-2, 2-3, 3-2, 3-2
    - Shock of the decade! I think Taylor still managed to average over the ton in most games - his finishing though has let him down. Although Voort missed 3 or 4 darts at a double to win 3-0.
    Avgs VvV 95, Taylor 101.

Klaasen vs Mardle 3-2, 3-2, 3-1
    Klaasen came from 2-0 down in the second set, and that confirmed the game. I think Jelle hit 5 180s in the first 2 sets. The standard dipped in the final set bringing the averages down.
    Avgs Klaasen 91, Mardle 83

Scholten vs King 1-3, 2-3, 3-1, 3-1, 3-1
    King confirms his place in the semis despite losing. Rollie be happy to get off the mark finally and played very well in the last three sets, he hit 10 180s in the match.
    Avgs Scholten 96, King 99

So the semis are on Saturday (starting at shortly after 5pm) and its been confirmed its:

Van Gerwen v Van Barneveld
    Manley v King

The final is on Sunday at 7pm.

I found this site last night as an alternative to the licence method:

http://www.myp2p.eu/Other.htm

On Saturday the Masters of Darts should show-up on this page.

Two pieces of "bad news" with this method.

1. You have to download Sopcast (do this by going to the Sopcast link on the left of the page, or directly to sopcast.com - you're looking for version 1.1.1)

2. It wasnt working yesterday when I tried it! But apparently it did work the day before (although it buffered a lot), so hopefully it will work again (and better) for semi and final.

I think the licence method will probably be the better one, but if it doesnt work then try this.

I use that site for watching football and NHL and its ok but its nothing compared to the Licence method. Sopcast will be a very small window and will be pretty poor quality whereas the Licence method is full screen and excellent quality for the most part.

Some real surprises last night, especially VvV beating Taylor. Its amazing to think that Taylor has averaged over 100 for the tournament but has lost 3 out of 5 matches! He must really be struggling with doubles. Hard to believe Manley has won 5 out of 5. Having seen his Premier League form you wouldnt believe it.

Im really looking forward to MvG V Barney now. I think it will be a great match, especially of MvG can find the form he showed in his first two matches. King should beat Manley but I have been saying Manley will lose all week and it hasnt happened. I think Merv will do well on the PDC circuit, he looks to be playing some great Darts and im looking forward to seeing him play.

I've just downloaded the licence for tonight using the following proxy:

212.67.185.154 port 80

Cheers Rooster. Should be a good game if Manley can keep up his impressive form.

watching it here on sbs6 on the astra satellite.

Turning into a bit of a mauling.

• Advertisement

Barney is playing some brilliant stuff. Manley isnt playing that bad but Barney is scoring so many 180's its unreal.

6-0 to Barney at the break. Looks like Manley is going to be white washed in a final again.

A wry smile from Manley as he goes 6-0 down, Barney is throwing some amount of 180's

Thankyou and goodnight, 7-0. 14 180's 23 140's

and a 107.9 average. Billiant stuff. That was some performance.

Phenomenal from Barney.

Undisputed number one in the world. In my opinion!

For the record the score was:

3-0, 3-2, 3-2, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2, 3-0

Advertisement