Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mediasat and dial-up costs

Options
  • 09-02-2007 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hello...in from the classic cars forum-hope I'm in the right place.
    I live in the middle of nowhere in Roscommon and have been with Mediasat satellite internet for the past 6 months.Happy enough with the service but am being crucified with the dial-up costs with eircom.
    My question is can I apply for the various dial-up packages (eg 150 mins/month eircom €30/month or BT) even though the no. of the modem that's being rung with mediasat (1850 150 150) is different to theirs (eircom or BT) or are they just happy to get the cash and don't mind what "internet calls" turn up on the bills.
    Regards,
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭emaherx

cxcully wrote:
    Hello...in from the classic cars forum-hope I'm in the right place.
    I live in the middle of nowhere in Roscommon and have been with Mediasat satellite internet for the past 6 months.Happy enough with the service but am being crucified with the dial-up costs with eircom.
    My question is can I apply for the various dial-up packages (eg 150 mins/month eircom €30/month or BT) even though the no. of the modem that's being rung with mediasat (1850 150 150) is different to theirs (eircom or BT) or are they just happy to get the cash and don't mind what "internet calls" turn up on the bills.
    Regards,
    Mike

the number 1850 150 150 is an eircom dialup number.
    you connect to Mediasat through eircom dialup.
    if you change your package you will have to change to the new number or you will be charged at the old rate (and the new one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Thanks emaherx.I don't know if it makes a difference but I made a mistake-the no. it's dialing to now is 1892 150 150.......even if I change to a package will the 150 minutes cover all internet numbers....essentially I'm going to disregard the CD they're going to send me (and presumably a different dial-up no.) and continue using Mediasat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭emaherx

You have to use the number they provide. But this wont be a problem, you can connect to mediasat through this new number.

Advertisement