Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mint? - herself loves Mojitos

• 09-02-2007 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Does tescos sell mint leaves?
    Or anyone know where might I get some?

I just introduced the girlfriend to Mojitos. Might make her some on valentines night.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Most supermarkets should sell mint leaves with the fresh herbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

if you could get to a proper vegetable shop you might get better value or one of the middle eastern shops up around portobello (apologies if you're posting from outside dublin) you'd get a decent sized bag for the same price you'd pay in tesco for a few leaves. not sure if the fruit and veg wholesalers market off capel street is still up and running but you used to be able to buy huge bags of fresh herbs there for less than €2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Mint is also very easy to grow be it in a pot or out in the garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭bullpost

Thaedydal wrote:
    Mint is also very easy to grow be it in a pot or out in the garden.

Yep - very easy to grow but I'd advise growing it in a container of some sort cos it'll run riot in a garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Not this time of year though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Mint is widely available in large supermarkets. As with most fresh herbs, stock outs are your biggest worry.

By the way (Ooops, I mean "BTW"), OP, a good alternative to your signature that I saw recently is "A living dog is better than a dead lion."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭replytohere2004

Big bag of mint for €1.80 in Evergreen on Wexford St.

MAP:

16996992br3.th.jpg

Advertisement