Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Qashqai: How much?

Options
  • 09-02-2007 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

I've been looking about for prices for the Qashqai which is being launched tomorrow. Anybody have any idea of the recommended prices for the range?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Starting at €24,900. Ask in any Nissan garage - that's what I did. They have models for test drives already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I thought it was only being released even for a test drive tomorrow... Can't make calls in work and couldn't dig up any info online bar the crappy marketing website from Nissan.

Are you considering buying one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

No clue mate sorry, but when your down at the dealers can you ask them to start RHD production of the Infiniti FX please, they are so bloody loverly. Surely one of the best looking cars in the sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Is the Infiniti even outside the US yet?

RobAMerc : UK Launching 2008, so I presume same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon I saw one on the road yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

We took one out for a test drive this morning. It's a nice looking car and it's fairly well specced out too.

The car we test drove was a 1.6L petrol (115 bhp), SVT spec, which includes keyless entry/starting (same as the Focus system), parking sensors at the back, 6 CD changer, dual zone aircon, moon roof, electric folding mirrors, cruise control (iirc), bluetooth with voice command and some more.

First impressions are all positive. It's a very comfortable car and it's quite well laid out for the driver. It's aimed squarly at the Golf drivers market and should do well. It's a very easy car to drive, transmission is smooth and easy. My only qualm with it is that the 1.6 engine really struggles at speed, hitting 3900rpm for 120kph at times, but that said, it reached 140kph with not much more effort! It was a very smooth ride on the motorway and we took it on some roads I know well for potholes and speed ramps and I have to say it was great.

Overall I think it's a nice car, and judging by the number of people who were taking it for a drive while we were there, I'd say it's going to sell exceptionally well, although all the sales the garage we went to had were for the most basic spec.

If I can get Wifey to get over the whole "it's a Nissan" thing, I'd say we may well buy one in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's a nice looking car and it's fairly well specced out too.
    Do you really think so? Personally, I think it's possibly one of the ugliest monstrosities I've seen for a long, long time, especially the front. Each to his own, I suppose though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Went to order one on Saturday, there is now a 10 week wait on them:mad:

Advertisement