Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help Tuning on old mistubishi TV

• 09-02-2007 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    I need a help here. I have a old Mitsubishi TV.
    I got it as a gift (old one)
    I dont know how to tune the channels on this tv.
    I pressed all the tiny little buttons on the TV
    but couldnt find the tuning stuff.
    I had a button which displayed '<>' but did nothing.
    i can change color/volume/contrast/bright/channel/av
    but tuning isnt possible.

anyone owns this mistubishi TV?

also if ther is any universal remote which can autotune the channels?

pls help

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

how is anyone supposed to know if they own this tv if you don't post a model number or pic?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

As mossym said, a model no or image would be needed, as Mitsubishi TV's had a rather varied way of tuning from one model to the next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Sorry folks
    The TV model is MITSUBISHI CT2154LM

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Google Images is throwing up no results for that model, so can't see it.

Google is however giving links to many sites selling replacement remotes for this TV.

Is the <> button really a diamond shape? Usually a diamond icon represents Store, for saving the channel you tuned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mickey_t

We had a mitsubishi portable tv at home - you had to hold down two buttons at the top of the remote control at the same time to bring up a tuning menu... could it be something like that you need to do with yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer ? The details are :

Service & Support

Lost remote or manual - please send requests directly to extracare@ireland.com.

Tel: +353 1 2836550,
    Fax: +353 1 2881701.

I've had 2 Mitsi sets in the past, both had a small square button -about 6mm x 6mm that had to be pressed in to enable the tuning mode and depressed to turn tuning mode off. The button was surrounded so that it couldn't be hit in error and was behind the flap under the screen, does this sound familiar ?

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 deadsoul

you need the remote that came with the tv at the top of the remote there is a button called ch-preset press and hold this till the tuning info is on screen then use the vol and ch buttons to tune in the station press the ch preset button when finish this will store the stations you have tuned.Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Hi All, having a similar problem with a CT-25M5LT model.
    I have a Universal remote not the original one and I cannot seem to tune it in. Is this impossible without the original remote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Muffin Head

Bittihuduga,

Did you figure out how to tune this model TV as I have found myself in the same predicament?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

sorry lads this is a very old post.
    anyway - how to tune?

open the flap of the settings box on the tv.
    in the middle, there is a soft button which is inside.
    take a small pin and press it, the tuning comes on.
    now u can tune using the small buttons available there..
    you will figure it out when u get the tuning screen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Muffin Head

That worked, thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eilishraftery

Hi Kazbah. Did you have any success with tuning in that T.V. model number CT-25M5TL with the universal remote as I'm having the exact same problem with mine. I can seem to get every other function up except tuning using a universal remote One For All model number 7562-ROO. Tried to visit the site for this control but absolutely useless for information in this regard. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Not much help I'm afraid. I borrowed an original remote. I think the Universal would have worked in the end. I don't actually have that TV anymore so can't check though - sorry!

Advertisement