Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit Rights

Options
  • 09-02-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

I was told in an electrical store that if I placed a deposit on tv I was looking at, the deposit would hold the price but not the unit. In otherwords they couldn't care less about my custom and will sell the TV if someone else want's to buy it. Is this allowed? I forgot to ask would I lose my deposit if that happens as I decided I'd take my custom elsewhere when he said that. I though if you placed a deposit they would have to hold the unit, obviously not? Can anyone enlighten me on this?? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

They can make the rules as they wish. If you agree then you hand over the deposit, if not then don't. Also in the case of a price fix deposit, you'd get the deposit back if they couldn't provide the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭apprentice

This is the norm. A retailer has every right to do this. It protects them against time wasters and extra storage costs. With electrical retailers it is often the case that they wont recieve in new goods to sell until all the old stuff is sold. But you are entitled to get a refund if the product is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

thanks!

Advertisement