Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asp problems

Options
  • 09-02-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

when i go to view an asp page i get this error Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
    /pod/TMPa2h79d7ccn.asp, line 5

why is this happening any help would be helpful thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

I'd say whats happening here is that the database file can't be opened because some other process already has it opened exclusively.

AFAIK, If you open a MS Access db through the File --> Open menu item in access, there is a checkbox on the RHS of the regular File Open dialog. If this is checked only one user can open it at a time. If you have the DB open and this box was checked nothing else will be able to access it.

Also, if you think the DB isn't open by any other process check for the *.ldb file in the Database directory. This file is created whenever the DB is in use - occasionally this file still exists even though the database is not open and it requires a reboot to clear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Keewee6

i tired deleting the .lbd fie unfortunately this made no difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If you run code that opens an Access DB then make sure there is code there to close it also!!!!!!!!! I suspect this the is the cause rather than some of the other options in misterq's link as you still have the ldb file there.

Advertisement