Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys - Newbie question

Options
  • 09-02-2007 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly I've been a biker for years so all this car wheel size business has me confused so be kind! I have a Pajero Jr ;) that needs new tires for the nct and I want to replace the crappy gold spray painted rims that came with it. The tires on at the moment are 205/70/15s. The only site I've found so far that has my car in the search list was rimstock.com and the sizes in their list are pasted in below - does this mean I can get any alloys that take tires that size (eg if i pick CRV on some sites I get my tire size) or only rimstock ones of those sizes!?! Sorry for the retard question!:D

sizes :
    7 x 15 205/70R15 215/65R15 225/65R15
    7 x 16 205/65R16 215/60R16 225/60R16 225/55R16
    7 x 17 215/55R17 225/55R17 225/50R17

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mxpx6979

Not quite as simple as that.
    Basically you need to know a few things about your own rims first.
    1. How many stud (how many bolts holding it onto car)
    2. Distance between the studs (should be able to find this on the rims) For example old school toyotas would be 4(4 studs) x 114.3 (distance in mm diagonally between studs). - I think this is called PCV
    3. The offset. (Should also be able to get this off the rim somewhere).

Then you can basically get anything that has that description. So you could go a couple of inches bigger in rim as long as you dropped the aspect of the tyre. Does that explain it enough or was that no help at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks I figured it out in the end but changed my mind and just went for new tires for the time being. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

mxpx6979 wrote:
    - I think this is called PCV

Its PCD -> Pitch Circle Diameter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mxpx6979

Sandwich wrote:
    Its PCD -> Pitch Circle Diameter.
    :o My bad! was tired. PCV is positive crankcase ventilation valve. hahaha

Advertisement