Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Co Co

Options
  • 09-02-2007 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

I just heard from a friend in Galway that Galway Council just had written to all their tenants to say that they are not allowed to keep german shep, doberman, rottwieler, pit bull any bull terrier, including staff, japanese akita, rodesian ridge back and she thinks there were more.

32 calls from crying people asking me to takes their dogs. And counting.

I am so mad, I cannot post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

care to elaborate? where did you get the quote from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Can they just do that?
    Even on existing rental contracts with longterm tenants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Solicitor I've contacted says NO they can's unless the tenancy agreement states that they are not allowed certain breeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

councils generally have it in the tenancy agreement that no pets are allowed, they just never enforce it. Also I know dublin corpo bascially have rolling rent agreements..ie you're only guaranteed tenancy from week to week, though they keep that very quite

Some gobsheen councillors in galway jumping on the Joe duffy bandwagon no doubt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

To be fair, a friend is living in a council-owned block of flats where a couple of the tenants have pit bulls clearly used for fighting. These people are not Einstein, and the kids from the flats are out playing at all hours of the day and night. It's a mix that's destined for tragedy.

Advertisement