Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agents.....

Options
  • 09-02-2007 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Here's the situation...
    I'm buying a place and everything is going smoothly except for the estate agent. They all seem a bit simpler than your average person. Didn't bother me too much until now.
    I've just had the snag done but have no way to contact the builders except through the estate agent. I faxed through the snag list to them on monday and all week I've been trying to contact them to find out if its gone to the builders and all week I've been told they'll check it and ring back. But not once have they rang back. So today, I rang again, and they say they never got the fax but they did remember "a couple of blank pages coming in on the machine" on Monday!!!!
    Obviously a lie. So they said email the snag list to them. Which I did this morning straight after I got off the phone to them, with a deliver report and read receipt. The email was delivered almost instantly, as expected but not read until nearly 3 hours later!
    So, I rang again to make sure they were going to forward it to the builders to day. and turns out the estate agent is "gone home"!!! it wasnt even 4.
    So now I'm slightly peeved. Because instead of the estate agent having the list last monday its going to be next monday at the earliest, a week late!!

All this is wasting my time and money. I was wondering if there was anything I could do or what were my legal standings exactly?
    I know the builders have only 7 days to fix the snag list when they get it but since they haven't got it cause the estate agent is incompetent, what can be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

"gone home" - hopefully "laid off"

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just for reference, a delivery receipt isn't an indicator of what time the message appeared on their screen or was downloaded to their mailbox. It's the time that the mail reached their network (essentially). So even though you got a receipt, they may not have even downloaded it until those four hours later. Which is still very late IMO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I would write this down in a very polite well mannered letter to the builders if you have their address (should be on the bill board) and send it to them.

Else call into the estate agents and ask to wait while they do it

Chances are the best course of action is to accept its going to take a while new builds always seem to run late

Advertisement