Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late late show Eurovision show!

Options
  • 09-02-2007 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Mods lock this is you want, but it's a genuine post just looking for a fair vote next Friday.

A friend from Finland Matti Kallio has submitted a song “The Thought of You” to the Irish Eurosong 2007 contest and it has been selected as one of the four finalists!!!!

All four finalist songs will be performed on the Late Late Show 16th February by the trad band Dervish. After all songs have been played there will be a public vote for the winning tune, which will represent Ireland in the Eurovision in Helsinki in May. (ironically) His music in general is strongly influenced by Irish music similar lot of current crop Northern Europeans singer/songwriters This voting by texting rarely gets the best song due to locals voting for their own but all I'm asking is if you like this one above the rest please vote.

The numbers etc. will be published , but please tune in on the night and vote for Matti Kallios song only if you like it now, remember now I'm not asking for favouritism, only if you like the song more than the rest, the thing is he needs the vote texted in to stand a chance. So if you are at home and watching the Late Late Show (heaven forbid:-)) please send a tex for the best song.

Thanks Willie

See details on the RTE website http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/0207/eurosong.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Thanks for the advance warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I for one think it will be nice to see the Sligo music scene being represented by someone other than Westlife, Tabby or The Conway Sisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Boards may never live this down if it comes to something! :p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Solksjaer wrote:
    Mods lock this is you want, but it's a genuine post just looking for a fair vote next Friday.

A friend from Finland Matti Kallio has submitted a song “The Thought of You” to the Irish Eurosong 2007 contest and it has been selected as one of the four finalists!!!!

All four finalist songs will be performed on the Late Late Show 16th February by the trad band Dervish. After all songs have been played there will be a public vote for the winning tune, which will represent Ireland in the Eurovision in Helsinki in May. (ironically) His music in general is strongly influenced by Irish music similar lot of current crop Northern Europeans singer/songwriters This voting by texting rarely gets the best song due to locals voting for their own but all I'm asking is if you like this one above the rest please vote.

The numbers etc. will be published , but please tune in on the night and vote for Matti Kallios song only if you like it now, remember now I'm not asking for favouritism, only if you like the song more than the rest, the thing is he needs the vote texted in to stand a chance. So if you are at home and watching the Late Late Show (heaven forbid:-)) please send a tex for the best song.

Thanks Willie

See details on the RTE website http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/0207/eurosong.html

bump i'ts tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Solksjaer wrote:
    only if you like it now

I promise to be sincere in my voting or lack thereof.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

basquille wrote:
    ...the Sligo music scene....
    Sligo has a music scene??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Yeah Baz, you ignorent twat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

The time of year for more bland commercial all-sound-alike (to me !!) music has come around again. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

We flicked on the wonderful pat to hear the weener and i have to say i wasn't expecting alot but it still was more abysmal than i thought possible. How do we continually surpass medicority each year? I did laugh when i heard someone shout - G'wan the Waters. If they were taking the piss thats funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

who the hell was constantly whooping and shouting out in the audience?

there were obviously trad fans even though they were whooping during the abba tribute band waterloo too, they kept shouting things during interviews etc, the're the type that think the more they whoop wehn trad music playing them more genuine lover of the music they are, no too much means your a twat.

do dervish ususally do ballads or what I'd presume was faster instrument based trad songs, why did they get people who've proably never written for a trad band, dervish should have beeen allowed to write their own song,a fast paced song and it could have won because they fit the world music type

its seems like dervish have made a career out of going as the bit 'culture' to accompany trade missions as Ireland hoares itself around the world.

anyway none of the songs were any good, I preferred the first, well done to frank for saying so,

is john waters looking for the east european vote? perhpas the orange (US backed ) revolutoin vote?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

I can't believe my eyes and ears. The first time I ever heard of Dervish was seeing them on the Late Late MURDERING one of the great Christmas songs (IMHO) john Lennon's Happy Christmas War is Over.

The girl doesn't sing, she whines. She has the most awful plaintive whingey voice. Maybe it works for sean nos but not in the happy clappy gay bingefest that is the Eurovision.

John Waters' political sensibilities put forward by a band whose singer sounds like an air-conditioning unit in need of a service.

Truly a match made in hell :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah Baz, you ignorent twat
    Ah now c'mon blackie, I know you're only new but you should really take the time to read the forum rules about personal abuse.

Advertisement