Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom bad pings

Options
  • 09-02-2007 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledlr1.png

I've tried using 3 diff routers and all with same result, I've updated the mobo drivers but I still get pings in and around 50-70 from around 4/5pm till around 11/12am and then they go back fine to around 30, please this is really effecting my gameplay :( I'm in the sligo region im just wondering if by the screenie anyone of you could tell me whats going wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

What your experiencing is contention. What package are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

am on the 3meg package...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Welcome to Eircons Ireland. Their old network is creaking under the pressure of broadband demand and bad pings and serious contention is the result. You haven't many options other than change provider to someone with a better contention ratio or grin and bear it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

50-70? what are you complaining about.
    Try 300-500 in the evenings and 30-40 during the day for a solid 6 months now.
    Totally unplayable for 6 months in the evenings.
    Im on eircoms lowest contention package.
    Count your lucky stars.

:(

• Advertisement

how can i be exp contention with package im on :(

Advertisement