Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend me some LAN games

Options
  • 09-02-2007 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Setting up a lan tonight with my flatmate. He has a beast of a pc, will play anything on highest specs. My pc is ok, plays Half Life 2 on high detail fine, struggles with Oblivion and Neverwinter nights 2.

My question is, what games should we get for 1v1 lannage ? Not really interested in FPS because 1v1s are boring, unless they have good bots.

He doesnt like RTS games that you have to collect resources, which leaves us with Medieval 2 and Company of Heros. Any other suggestions ?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well what about NWN2? You say your machine struggles but is that on hight detail? My PC which is probably older than yours plays it on low detail.. though i only did the intro part to get a feel for it.. should have my new PC's on monday so Myself and the wife well get into it then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Saruman wrote:
    Well what about NWN2? You say your machine struggles but is that on hight detail? My PC which is probably older than yours plays it on low detail.. though i only did the intro part to get a feel for it.. should have my new PC's on monday so Myself and the wife well get into it then :D

I dont like playing on low detail ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Quake 3 with InstaGib?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

how about the warhammer dawn of war rts? its very good and you just capture posts instead of gathering resources

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Starwars Battlefront II
    Defcon
    Anything that has a lan co-op mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Doom
    Doom2
    Serious Sam

Sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

pfffff , after ye have played COH , it will be so late it will be time for bed anyways ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

if you dont like 1v1 lan why not both go on the net and be on the same team in some fps. Me and mate do that all the time ,great craic. If you dont have the net then COH I guess...

Civ / Alpha Centauri, for those 48hour marathons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

yeah I agrree with cunny funt, go online i you can and play BF2/2142

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Vietcong, possibly the best Co-Op game there is :) There's a huge community of people still playing the original game. Check out the free map-packs and everthing else here: http://www.vietcong-coop.net/. You have to play in Vietnam mode :D

Other Co-Op games:
    Faces of War
    Splinter Cell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

SyxPak wrote:
    Starwars Battlefront II

Seconded. Great game.

Fidelis wrote:
    Vietcong, possibly the best Co-Op game there is :) There's a huge community of people still playing the original game. Check out the free map-packs and everthing else here: http://www.vietcong-coop.net/. You have to play in Vietnam mode :D

Other Co-Op games:
    Faces of War
    Splinter Cell
    Danke Fidelis,

The brother thanks you.

VC2 sucked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Glad to help :)

I played through VC2 too, it was dreadful. Although the Vietcong campaign of the game was surprisingly enjoyable. I didn't try the MP side of VC2 but there's plenty of maps for it up on that site.

Advertisement