Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying in the UK - Paying for it?

Options
  • 09-02-2007 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Previously when I've done this I've paid cash in the UK but got stiffed by the bank here last time, and was wondering from the people here that have done this, what is the most efficient/cheapest way of moving the cash? I have a UK bank account as well, if that makes it easier?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy316i

What do you mean the bank here stiffed you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Normally a Sterling Draft Cheque made out for slightly less than the asking price for haggling, the rest with cash. some UK dealers/sellers want the draft to clear into their account before they hand over the keys, this is awkward if your trying to get a boat home the same day.

The second way is electronic bank transfer to your UK account, but that will cost you more than the draft cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

The bank stiffed me by the rate they used and the fees. This time I did it with an electronic transfer, worked out cheaper than any other method for the amount of money I needed to move

Advertisement