Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Source Code to Read In from GSM Modem

Options
  • 09-02-2007 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ive bought a GSM modem to receive SMS text messages. I need to read the SMS message (the PDU header?) . I have some C and C++ programming experience (enough to do this I think with some pointers and/or source code).

Is there anyone out there who has done this sort of thing before?

Any sound advice would be a great help because there does not seem to be much on this topic on the Internet (not in simple terms anyway).

Thanks.

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

What make/model is the modem? Did you get any documentation? This should give you info about the AT commands (assuming that's the interface it uses).

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Look at

http://www.kannel.org

Got everything you need and written in C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

What make/model is the modem? Did you get any documentation? This should give you info about the AT commands (assuming that's the interface it uses).

Thanks.

It is a Wavecom make. I dont have it here but when I look at it next tonight I will post up the model.

G

Look at

http://www.kannel.org

Got everything you need and written in C

Thanks.

I will look at this. Seems to be quite heavy. But I will try to work out what is going on from the documentation.

G

Hi,

The model is Model: WM02 - G900

Thanks G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I don't think I could do any better than what the Kannel source code has to offer. Your modem is even in the supported hardware list. There's a batch of sms*.c files under the smsgateway directory. There appears to be a few different protocols in use with regard to the header.

I don't think I could do any better than what the Kannel source code has to offer. Your modem is even in the supported hardware list. There's a batch of sms*.c files under the smsgateway directory. There appears to be a few different protocols in use with regard to the header.

Thanks father I will have a go at this.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I did something like this a while back in VB.. read the SMS inbox over COM/IR/Bluetooth

And sent as well. If i can find it i will post it up for you

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

Hey,

i did something like this before in C#. Usually these modems work with the AT command interface.you send these commands to the port that the modem is connected to (usually a COM port) and interpret the responses (just like any typical protocol).

Search google for AT commands related to what you want to do.

Here is a page of sample commands - http://www.activexperts.com/activcomport/at/nokia/

Thanks. Got it working fine now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement