Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon Printer Vista Driver

• 09-02-2007 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

I bought a Canon LBP2900 laser printer from PC World a few weeks ago and installed it on my laptop with XP installed. Last week I got a new laptop with Vista pre-installed.

When trying to install the Canon printer it says that a suitable driver could not be found. I went on to the Canon support website and could not find a driver there either. I sent an e-mail to Canon tech support and got the following reply:
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your Canon product.

In response to your query please note that unfortunately the LBP2900 was not designed to operate under Microsoft Windows Vista. Consequently, no driver is available for download on our software page. Furthermore, there is no official information as to whether one will be available in the future. Please check our website for regular updates.

Yours sincerely,
    Canon Support Centre
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is there anything I can do to get this printer installed in Vista? I was thinking maybe of a third party driver or some other workaround.

Dac.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Short answer is no.. sorry. You can TRY some of the built in canon drivers in Vista but if its USB which it probably is, then its probably not going to work.

Oh this is why a lot of us are waiting to get Vista, even though i just ordered 2 new PC's i bought XP as Vista is too new and very few drivers available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Some XP drivers will work in Vista low level stuff like certain printers and NIC's.

You could try pointing Vista's driver wizard at the extracted folder for the R1.03 driver as a long shot.

The actual driver .inf is under the LBP2900en\Win2K_XP folder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Dac51

8T8 wrote:
    Some XP drivers will work in Vista low level stuff like certain printers and NIC's.

You could try pointing Vista's driver wizard at the extracted folder for the R1.03 driver as a long shot.

The actual driver .inf is under the LBP2900en\Win2K_XP folder.

8T8 You are a legend. This worked, although it takes about 30 seconds to begin printing (where before it was instant). This I can live with.

Thanks a million for the tip.:D :D:D

Advertisement