Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statoil Loyalty club

Options
  • 09-02-2007 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Last year i heard that statoil was closing. I had not used them since Tesco started selling fuel. So since i had a Statoil card with over €20 worth of points i went there and filled up and asked to cash it in, only to be told that the club card was over??? This pissed me off but i left it..

Thing is.. they are still here?? Whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

Both Statoil and Shell franchises in Ireland have been baught by a company called Topaz Energy Ltd.

www.topazenergy.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

i just received my benchmark card from statoil last month and use it on a weekly basis with no problems.

are they different cards???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yes it was the loyalty card, just like a tesco clubcard. I think it was called premium club or something. I do not think its right they pulled the card without informing their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

They probably had signs about it for ages preceding the end of it. If you weren't there for ages you probably wouldn't have seen them? In the T&C it probably says the promotion can be ended at any time without prior notice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Saruman wrote:
    Yes it was the loyalty card, just like a tesco clubcard. I think it was called premium club or something. I do not think its right they pulled the card without informing their customers.

Several months notice was given, advertised on all their forecourts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ended last January 12 months I think and in fairness they advertised it well for 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Ah well... since i was not using them due to them being the most expensive i guess thats that. Still a letter would have been nice :D

Advertisement