Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bartl Heat Pump

• 09-02-2007 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Guys, Looking for past expierence of this company / system.

I bought this 'Bartl' Heat pump from a German Manufacturer
    2 years ago and got it shipped and fitted by my local plumber
    in a new house.

Problem is that while its heating both the domestic hot water and
    the hot tap water, the system runs all day, and the Esb bills are
    much greater than should be.

I think its a good system, and it does work, but the company
    dont appear to be able to give the tech support required
    to sort the problem, mean while I'm paying larger than normal
    esb bills...>?
    #
    Did nay one ever hear of this problem or the Company before?

Help / advise much appreciated.:confused:

V

Comments

In general, the greater the temperature difference between the ground loop return pipe & the hot flow pipe on the internal loop, the lower the efficiency of the unit. It could have a COP of 4 if only heating the UFH (@35C) but be down to 2 (@50C)when heating water as well.

At this time of the year, the ground could be chilled thus reducing the efficency even more.

Many companies don't recommend using GSHP for heating water.

Is this your first season with the system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jones085

There are two common causes of high bills with geothermal systems.

1. Poorly designed and or installed collector.

Simple to check as delta T's on collector should give some real clues on performance.

2. Secondly is intergration with heating system.

Common causes would be exessive cycling of heat pump due to bad design or poor control settings. Again anyone who knows there onions should be able to diagnose this.

Certainly the heat pump should not be on 24/7, At most really 12-14 hours.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

Kind regards:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DanPOOL

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the Info.
    At the time, I thought I got a right lot of research done, but reckon
    I was the one who got done!

The System is an Air to Water heat exchange unit: An external unit stands bolted to the footpath with air intake and outtake. Its approx 600x600x1700mm in size.

It is supposed to be set up to heat (a) UFH to GF & Rads on FF and
    (b) Domestic Hot Water supply.

This time of year I find it struggles to take heat from the air, however the controls are not user freindly, there is no unit to check past performance or running hrs, etc, just a digital dial for each iof the above element/circulations with a current heat and target heat indicated.

I feel it may be a combination of Poor Installation, Poor design of system requirements and poor design of heat pump - not sure what I'm going to do now.

What would be the likely problems with the connection to the heating system?

Are there any tell tale signs I should look for?

I'm no plumber, but I know its hot enough to keep the house warm, and yet the showers aren't the hottest in the morning, and the evenings can be cold too?

There are independant room zones for UFH and stats per room, with one common stat for the FF. Each rad has a temp setting on FF.

Its an easy house to heat - Its a 150mm TF House with both
    internal and ext walls insulated and 200mm to roof space.

I've seen a solc about replacing the system
    and apparently the plumber will have to foot the
    bill no question -
    but would rather get things fixed and avoid
    the hastle of retro fit work and dust and agro in house.

Any help / comments / advise weclome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 An tUasal T

I know it has been a while but how did you fare out with your Bartl heating system? I have one that does not work and cannot find someone who knows his Bartl from his Bunions. Suggestions anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dear oh dear. Dragging up a 3 year old thread isnt really appreciated. PM the OP if you want an update.

Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement