Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat slow lately?

Options
  • 09-02-2007 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Anyone else noticing Esat being slow in the evenings now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yea a few threads have come up over the last few weeks about this.

I changed my DNS to http://www.opendns.com weeks ago and it's worked wonders for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Hi there!

Its very unlikely to be an issue with Esat.

When you have connection problems or slow connectivity specially on peak hours you might be under the influence of high contention issues. Check you Noise margins and att levels during the morning when everything is ok and then check it again during the evening when the service is crap, if there are no visible changes then it might be a interference, check for noises on your connection, make sure that none of your bit rates drop below 6 db or at least not many.

If you dont know how to do this let me know

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

how do you check noise margins and arr levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

bombidol wrote:
    how do you check noise margins and arr levels?

Well it depends on your routers manufacturer

Look for Line status-diagnostic, there you should be able to find SNR Noise Margin and attenuation, also Bit/SNR Tables.

Advertisement