Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wekend Prem Thread (scores included)

• 10-02-2007 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Saturday, 10 February 2007

Chelsea v Middlesbrough, 15:00
    DRAW
    Everton v Blackburn, 15:00
    DRAW
    Man Utd v Charlton, 15:00
    HOME
    Newcastle v Liverpool, 15:00
    AWAY
    Portsmouth v Man City, 17:15
    HOME
    Reading v Aston Villa, 12:45
    DRAW
    Sheff Utd v Tottenham, 15:00
    AWAY
    West Ham v Watford, 15:00
    DRAW

Sunday, 11 February 2007

Arsenal v Wigan, 16:00
    HOME
    Bolton v Fulham, 13:30
    HOME

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

HOME
    DRAW
    HOME
    AWAY
    HOME
    AWAY
    HOME
    HOME

Sunday, 11 February 2007

HOME
    HOME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Home

Home

Home

Draw

Home

Home

Draw

Home

Sunday, 11 February 2007

Home

Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

HOME
    HOME
    HOME
    HOME
    DRAW
    DRAW
    AWAY
    AWAY

Sunday, 11 February 2007

HOME
    HOME

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Home
    Away
    Home
    Draw
    Home
    Home
    Draw
    Draw

Sunday, 11 February 2007

Home
    Draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Home
    Home
    Home
    Draw
    Away
    Home
    Draw
    Home

Sunday, 11 February 2007

Draw
    Home

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Newcastle - Liverpool game hanging by a thread. Pitch looking v bad.

Mike.

Reading go 1 up.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Reading now 2-0 FT

Sidwell again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

6th place 5 clear of port, they so getting relegated next season :p

Anyone ever notice all their goals look the same :confused:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Harper

Taylor Onyewu Bramble Babayaro

Solano Butt Parker Milner

Dyer Martins

vs

Reina

Finnan Carragher Agger Riise

Pennant Gerrard Sissoko Zenden

Kuyt Bellamy

I predict a 2-1 to the Toon

:)

• Advertisement

Bellamy (who else?) scores

Martins equalises.

Mike.

Fair to say that Newcastle aren't exactly coping with Bellamy's pace very well

:(

My prediction still on course though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Chelsea get a soft goal just before half time.
    Drogba free kick goes through a shoddy Boro wall.

Sheffield United 2 - 1 Spurs

their 2nd was a penalty. the referee really needs to get control of it. starting to erupt now

Oh hell Peno for Newcastle and scored

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,078 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

kinaldo wrote:

I predict a 2-1 to the Toon

Good call. Ya bastard :(:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sigh 2-1 newcastle full time...

kinaldo wrote:
    Fair to say that Newcastle aren't exactly coping with Bellamy's pace very well

:(

My prediction still on course though

Good on ya Kinaldo :eek:

Maybe we've finally heard the end of these Liverpool are gonna get second shouts once and for all now :D:D:D:D

Ref really screwed up on the peno, Taylors dive was pretty clear by all accounts.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Arsenal must capitalise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Mad Dog wrote:
    Maybe we've finally heard the end of these Liverpool are gonna get second shouts once and for all now :D:D:D:D
    You better hope we beat Man Utd, else hopefully we'll be hearing the end of the "Chelsea for the title" shouts.

Didn't see the game 'cos for some sssstrange reason every pub in Edinburgh was showing the Scotland v Wales game. Curse of the MotM title strikes again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ShevY

joey barton is scum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Mad Dog wrote:

Nah...chelsea have that secured. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Shevy is banned.

ShevY wrote:
    joey barton is scum

what did he do

havent seen any highlights

mike65 wrote:
    Ref really screwed up on the peno, Taylors dive was pretty clear by all accounts.

Mike.

just seen it there. clearly was a foul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

A clear foul. Saw it with me own eyes so I did! Only home 2 hours max :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

it was a foul in the sense that he put his foot in front of Riise's. If he had been running (ie tryign to score or create a chance to score, his foot would have been about 2 feet frther forward) He "won" the penalty, as they say.
    Dont forget the tacked on "pull up your legs and belly flop" add on.

Also, Bellamy needs shooting.

On another note, ABel Xavier is a defending legend.:D

Anybody know what Barton did?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Bit like Gerrards at the start of the season..............:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mossy Monk wrote:
    what did he do

havent seen any highlights

Ah he stood on Mendes' achilles. He got booked so it's not as if the ref ignored it.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    I watched the game with about 5 neutrals and we all saw it as a penalty. The commentators had no doubt it was a penalty. Dunno what reports you were getting but Taylor didn't dive. Newcastle rode their luck in the first half but I thought we showed more fight and character than Pool, and in the second half we thoroughly deserved it with Bells and co completely running out of ideas. Liverpool are still a bunch of softies away from Anfield.

kinaldo wrote:
    I watched the game with about 5 neutrals and we all saw it as a penalty. The commentators had no doubt it was a penalty. Dunno what reports you were getting but Taylor didn't dive. Newcastle rode their luck in the first half but I thought we showed more fight and character than Pool, and in the second half we thoroughly deserved it with Bells and co completely running out of ideas. Liverpool are still a bunch of softies away from Anfield.

Missing 2 or 3 very easy chances including 1 completely open goal isnt running out of ideas. Chances were being created right up to the end. Bellamy is just crap.

No point in him scoring if he's just going to miss complete sitters, he should have had that game wrapped up on his own.

I havnt seen any mention of Reina so far in this thread. What the hell did he think he was at? HE had 2 options in his situation but chose option 3, the mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool

A semi-disaster result for Liverpool, dare I say another hiccup! To be fair, Liverpool deserved to win this game, created most of the chances, hit the woodwork etc. They also only had to blame themeselves for the goals they let in.

Bellamy's goal was well worked. Pennant had a good run and I think this was definitely one of Pennants better games, he looked very lively and threaded through a lot of intelligent passes for the whole match. A sharper Kuyt, a sharper Zenden and a sharper Bellamy could have seen Liverpool easily 3-0 up at half-time and deserving it.

Newcastle's goal came out of nothing. A long ball through, which clearly showed up Agger's lack of pace, but Reina messed up big time. I would blame him 95% for this goal, and it left Martins with an easy tap-in.

The penalty was a deserved penalty imo. At real-time speed from the camera angle you might not think it, but form the ref's angle it looked like Riise missed the ball and caught his foot. The Ref was mouthing afterwards (for those that cant lip-read) "He knows it, he knows it" and pointing at Riise who didn't complain too much.

Gerrard didnt seem to be much into this game, perhaps 'hungover' from the international match. Alonso was missed. Good to see Sissoko back but he wasnt back to his old self - yet.

Overall, 3 dropped points.

What with Chelsea winning easy, and Man Utd also comfortable (no Ronaldo), I'm still sticking with my prediction of an MCAL finish.

It will now be interesting to see who Rafa plays in cental midfield in the next few matches with all 3 (Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko) available. I was happy with Alonso and Gerrard in the centre, so we'll see.

Hic, or Hick ...... ;-)

Redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Arsenal must capitalise

they made hard work of it but got their eventually. Wigan 1 - 0 up in the first half, could have been two but heskey hit the post (he might have gotten the rebound if it weren't for him wheeling off in celebration lol). Typical Arsenal, they dominate the game like only they can but still can't find the net. (well i only saw the second half due to the rugby) eventually they equalise from an own goal on 80 mins and a header by rosicky on 85 made it 2 - 1. Wigan will feel hard done by, they felt they should have had a peno a few mins before the first arsenal goal, but it was slight contact i felt. Lehmann gets himself ruled out the final by getting booked for time wasteing, although in fairness he was just copying what kirkland was doing prior to the first arsenal goal.

Adebayor gets caught offside far too often too, had a goal disallowed for it.

Result leaves arsenal 1 point behind liverpool with a game in hand.

• Advertisement

Paul Jewell looked really pissed off at full time :) but i dont think Heskey deserved a penalty. he fell over looking for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Flamini was offside for the OG, should have been disallowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Disgraceful performance from the officials, definite penalty IMO and their goal should have been an offside.

Henry's reaction after the goal was childish to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

DaveMcG wrote:
    Flamini was offside for the OG, should have been disallowed.

doesn't the rule say something about there having to be daylight between the two players? there certainly wasn't for that incident. i for one am glad that the advantage went to the attacker for once, as it should be.

and in all fairness kirkland was taking the piss with his kickouts. he should have gotten a yellow just like lehmann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Stekelly wrote:
    Missing 2 or 3 very easy chances including 1 completely open goal isnt running out of ideas. Chances were being created right up to the end. Bellamy is just crap.

No point in him scoring if he's just going to miss complete sitters, he should have had that game wrapped up on his own.

I havnt seen any mention of Reina so far in this thread. What the hell did he think he was at? HE had 2 options in his situation but chose option 3, the mind boggles.

Grand so. Blackburn supporters would love to have him back. He's Liverpool's best striker too.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Total dive by Heskey, he got the lightest of touches on his shoulder from Flamini and threw himself to the ground at a rather bizarre angle. Flamini was clearly offside for the equaliser though, but I'm not sure was Adebayor was offside for his goal-that-wasn't.

Important win with the trio of cup games coming up, puts the team in a strong position to move into third place with the next two league games at home to Man City and Reading. The games are coming up thick-and-fast now so getting a bit of momentum is a real bonus.

Lemlin wrote:
    Grand so. Blackburn supporters would love to have him back. He's Liverpool's best striker too.

You can have him back.

We should have been out of sight but he made sure Newcastle were kept in the game. I mean the one where he rounded the keeper and shot was going wide of the far post. Thats abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Lemlin wrote:

in what measurable way is he liverpools "best striker"? - because he played for blackburn?

i wouldnt even consider liverpool to have a "best striker"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Henry should be ashamed of himself. He also did a blatant dive that of course won't be talked about for weeks and his antics to Kirkland has reduced my already brittle perception of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Henry showed why people's admiration of him is often tainted - his reaction to Kirkland after the equaliser was totally petulant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

The Arsenal game was an interesting one with several talking points. It shows how Arsenal have difficulty against the weakest of teams. To be fair to Wigan, they played quite well compared to their recent form and deserved more than zero points.

The talking points:

Adebayor's offside goal was offside in my opinion, as most of his body was ahead of the last defender when the ball was kicked.

The Heskey penalty incident should have been a penalty, as he was clearly grabbed. The way he went down though with too much theatre put the Ref off if anything. Many managers advocate that players should go down 'to help the ref' (I dont advocate this at all, as I think Ref's should blow even if players dont go down), so Heskey would be forgiven for going down, but it was just the way he did it.

The Arsenal equaliser was offside.

Henry loses more neutral fans with his bad attitude. I've discussed this with Arsenal fans before as it is not the first nor it wont be the last of his bad behaviour. They forgive him for these ills as they say he is a brilliant genius, and many geniuses are flawed in some way. Whislt that is true, there is a growing amount of neutrals that dont like Henry for these very antics.

Wigan are in the relegation fight and out of the 4 that are battling it out, on paper, I would think that they and West Ham are the most likely to escape. If Wigan would have beaten Arsenal, it would have been a nail in the coffin of the others. As it stands its still to play for.

Redspider

redspider wrote:
    Henry loses more neutral fans with his bad attitude. I've discussed this with Arsenal fans before as it is not the first nor it wont be the last of his bad behaviour. They forgive him for these ills as they say he is a brilliant genius, and many geniuses are flawed in some way. Whislt that is true, there is a growing amount of neutrals that dont like Henry for these very antics

i dont understand what that has to do with anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Dont people think the whole Henry thing is being blown out of proportion, its not that big a deal really is it ???
    Flawed Genius ?? Thats a bit much just because he showed a bit of passion and wanted to get a bit of revenge on Kirklands tactics, what person is not guilty of things like that.
    Maradona was a flawed genius but Henry...give us a break, he is a great professional 99% of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Dont people think the whole Henry thing is being blown out of proportion, its not that big a deal really is it ???
    Flawed Genius ?? Thats a bit much just because he showed a bit of passion and wanted to get a bit of revenge on Kirklands tactics, what person is not guilty of things like that.
    Maradona was a flawed genius but Henry...give us a break, he is a great professional 99% of the time.

ah he is beginning to grate

the moaning he gave after the champions league final about diving and he does this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLZQVtKkK9k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Xavi6 wrote:
    Ah he stood on Mendes' achilles. He got booked so it's not as if the ref ignored it.

though he is in trouble now with supposed gestures to the fans

• Advertisement
Advertisement