Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Those blue and pink ribbons

Options
  • 10-02-2007 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Why do people put those tacky blue and pink ribbon stickers on the back of their car? They are surely worthy of 2 penalty points. I understand the money goes to a good cause, but seriously how could anyone think they look good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Nephew wrote:
    Why do people put those tacky blue and pink ribbon stickers on the back of their car? They are surely worthy of 2 penalty points. I understand the money goes to a good cause, but seriously how could anyone think they look good.

They are a warning system so that you know a woman is driving the car in front and may do anything at any time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

As far as I can gather, the pink ones are urging us to pay more attention to ladies' breasts. An excellent cause which I am happy to support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

They are very popular in the US with "United We Stand" "Bring our boys home" common themes. I slightly recall one of the pink ones here in aid of some sort of breast cancer research charity.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't any encouragement! I'll support women's breasts anytime!

I'll get my coat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Nephew wrote:
    They are surely worthy of 2 penalty points.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

maidhc wrote:
    They are a warning system so that you know a woman is driving the car in front and may do anything at any time. :D
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

They are simply part of an awarness campaign for breast cancer and valueing childhood. Worthy causes. If people want to promote these awarness campaigns by putting stickers on their cars then let them at it. A lot more constructive than "No Fear" and "On A Mission".

Worthy of penalty points? Why? Live and let live.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

My only problem with them is the size. Very big. The money goes to a good cause, pity it looks ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

No FEAR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

afaik the pink ones are for Breast Cancer and the blue are for prostate or testicular cancer. Good causes but I wouldn't be sticking them on my paintwork.

The majority of them also seem to be on Hyundai's (Trajets & Tucsons)...has anyone noticed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I for one base all my opinions, political and/or social, on what I read from bumper stickers and the like..
    Free Tibet? OK dammit, I WILL!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

They're cheesy as anything, yes, the money goes to a good cause, but mother of god, it's saying to the world I spent 5 Euros, or whatever to support the cause, and now I'm flahing it by keeping them on my car. They're as bad as the Livestrong yellow bands. If you really cared that much about supporting the cause, you'd set up a monthly direct debit.

I have no issue with people buying the ribbons/bands, as it generates money, but there's just something so false about leaving them on the car for months with "I support x" when clearly, you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

there are civics going around with massive wings, blacked out windows and exhausts you could fit your head into and you think 2 charity stickers should get you penalty points? if that was a joke it wasnt a bit funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

There are many rear windscreens that I've noticed stickers placed there by the dealer or the manufacturer saying Car of the Year I993.............:(
    etc etc. Other stickers noticing are the usual For Sale Tel .....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

In fairness, what people put on their cars is their own business, unless it's blindingly painful to look at (i.e. DynoRod paint or the like)

These people have contributed to a good cause...it's human nature that it makes us feel better to have helped others and even better that everyone else knows it....

I'd prefer to give a few quid to some TY kids out on the street selling happy hearts or something (because I've had to do it)...but each to their own

Advertisement