Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vito Bratta (ex-White Lion) to break silence after 15 Years

• 10-02-2007 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

WHITE LION guitarist Vito Bratta will be the in-studio guest on Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM next Friday night (February 16) beginning at 11:00 p.m. EST. "I have had so many e-mails and calls about this great guitarist over the years and Vito has not spoken to anyone in probably more then 15 years," says Trunk. "He will be live in the studio with me, playing tunes, taking calls and giving away copies of the brand new two-CD WHITE LION 'best of' from Rhino. This really should be a special show that I know many of you are excited about."

You can listen to the show live online at www.q1043.com, but only within the USA.

WHITE LION's "The Definitive Rock Collection", a two-disc compilation featuring the band's hit 1987 single "Wait", plus "When Children Cry", "Tell Me", and several rare rehearsal recordings, came out on January 23 via Rhino.

According to Wikipedia, Vito Bratta was the guitarist and main songwriter for WHITE LION from 1983 to 1992. Bratta's style earned him worldwide acclaim, as well as numerous awards, including Guitar World magazine's "Best New Guitarist" in 1988. Following the breakup of WHITE LION, Bratta produced an album for the band CPR on Atlantic Records. Despite his cult status and guitar-based following, Bratta has not been involved in the music industry in any capacity since 1994. He is said to be currently residing in his childhood house in Staten Island where he lives a modest life trying to keep himself out of the spotlight. According to an article in Guitar World magazine, Bratta is said to now be "working with computers."

In 2003, former WHITE LION vocalist Mike Tramp attempted to reform the band with Bratta but was unsuccessful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Always liked Vito Bratta. The strongest rumour I'd heard was that he'd had a injury that stopped him playing. Mind you there's loads of rumours about him over the years. Hopefully people will post back some links when the interview happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭rockintothebone

awesome!!vito bratta....!! really great to c vitto bratta....come back!!;)
    white lions is ownage!:rolleyes: !sadly they had to break up!:(

Advertisement