Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZyXEL P-600 Series WLAN encryption?

Options
  • 10-02-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Went to help a friend sort out their BB connection last night. I was confronted with a fugly ZyXEL P-600 router.

Got everything up and running fine, but when I went to try and make the WLAN secure, I couldn't find any option? Logging into 192.168.1.1 (After logging in) only brings me to a 'Status' page. Absolutily no link to anything else. The only WLAN info I can get is the status (UP), WEP (DISABLED), and speed (54)... totally no links to anything else.

What am I missing? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks for the link. There's no frickin 'Advanced' Menu, no links at all... Bit strange

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Hi

Your problem has easy solution

When you type 192.168.1.1

and you see the welcome window you have probably noticed that there is a password already there, that password is "user", you have to wipe that out and type 1234.

If you just click log in then you will log as user mode and you will only be able to monitor the connection.

If it doesnt accept the password delete your cookies and it still nothing then you might need to reset the router.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Praetor wrote:
    Hi

Your problem has easy solution

When you type 192.168.1.1

and you see the welcome window you have probably noticed that there is a password already there, that password is "user", you have to wipe that out and type 1234.

If you just click log in then you will log as user mode and you will only be able to monitor the connection.

If it doesnt accept the password delete your cookies and it still nothing then you might need to reset the router.

You, sir, are a gent :)

I presumed the '****' was 1234, not user. Will give this a shot tomorrow when im back at the router. If it works, I owe you a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

JohnCleary wrote:
    You, sir, are a gent :)

I presumed the '****' was 1234, not user. Will give this a shot tomorrow when im back at the router. If it works, I owe you a pint

I can already taste that pint!! lol

Trust me, its a common problem, specially since the new P660HW-D1 arrived and changed the firmware, old Zyxels had 1234 so people just had to click "log on", but with the D1 that changed...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement