Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish / Chemistry / French Mock Tips?

Options
  • 10-02-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Anyone have any tips for the Irish / Chemistry / French mocks - all H.L.?

I'm 99% sure all of our exams are DEB.

Our Irish teacher rushed thru' Dan Do Mhelissa and Urch.An.Chreag. the last two weeks and so we're presuming they are coming up....anyone got them on theirs? Questions?

We have no clue for the others?

Anyone have any tips/hint anything! I'm totally screwed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Just read the other threads. Too many mock spoiler threads make Rozabeez' brain hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm 99% sure all of our exams are DEB.
    Our Irish teacher rushed thru' Dan Do Mhelissa and Urch.An.Chreag. the last two weeks and so we're presuming they are coming up....anyone got them on theirs? Questions?
    our irish teacher has revised those two poems with us as well....so i assume theyre coming up on our pre...if u hav the same pre,well our teacher revised "lig sinn i gcathu" "clare sa speir" and is going to revise "an bhean og" so they might come up in the prose..the other poetry,wev done "nil aon ni" "bimse buan ar buairt gach lo" and "jack" so theyll prob. come up..essays i dont know."an triail" any type of question cud come up.."stair na gaielge" wev done ruraiocht,bealoideas and modern poets (eg maire mhac an tsaoi etc)my pres dont start until feb 26th
    what do you mean by DEB????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

DEB are the company who produce mock exams, our school deal with them.

For the essays, she revised young people, death on the roads and violence, if that's any help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

That could explain the random, "Death on the roads" essay we got there last week that nobody bothered their hole doing. heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

we did our tape test yesterday but havent done the 2 papers yet. the CD had pieces about the eurovision, driving accidents and richard harris. anyone tell me which company this is and whats coming up on those papers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

I've got tape on Monday. I'll let you know if anything on those come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Basically everything mentioned in this thread came up in my higher level paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I was sure our mock papers were going to be all DEB...but our french wasn't! It's easier than the actual DEB paper though, it was all alcohol in ireland, an 'unusual ' girl called Ida, and the written bit was mostly pressure of exams...some stuff about alcohol problem in Ireland and riots also. Our listening had stuff on the tsunami, two girls talking about boys..a bank robbery..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

we got our tape on thursday, not doing our paper 1 + 2 for another 2 weeks!! So.... anyone get a tape with the wind that shakes the barley, general de chastelein, a TG4 kids programme, a pair talking about the leaving cert results? If you did and have done paper 1 + 2 any help would be very very very much appreciated! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

cson wrote:
    we got our tape on thursday, not doing our paper 1 + 2 for another 2 weeks!! So.... anyone get a tape with the wind that shakes the barley, general de chastelein, a TG4 kids programme, a pair talking about the leaving cert results? If you did and have done paper 1 + 2 any help would be very very very much appreciated! :rolleyes:

i got that tape. it was really weird. well the comprehensions were ridiculous.somethin about bruce lee and stuff like that. the second comprehension was about recycling. good luck!

• Advertisement

do you know what essays came up? or anything on paper 2? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

cson wrote:

If any one has done the pass paper 2 with this tape, Could you please tell me the stories and Poems.......

cson wrote:

ya just had it today. wat do ya want to know?? like everything??

Please....i'd like to, um how shall i say..focus my revision. So anything is a help really, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

cson wrote:

eh violence, poverty and ireland isnt a welcoming country were the essay titles i cant remember any of the other stuff!

on paper 2 lig sinn i gcathu, jack, faoiseamh a gheobhadsa, uirchill a chreagain, an cearrbhach maccaba, an bhean og, bimse buan ar buairt gach lo was compulsory (some crap about whats the theme and how does the poet show it or somethin like that)

an triail was either argue that there is more than one trial goin on in the play or do the role of two people in the play (bean ui cathasaigh bean ui cinsealaigh and i cant remember the other two)

ehh the stair na gaeilge was cuirteanna na filiochta, influence of french lochlannais or latin (pick 2) on irish, ogham came up in one but you had to do another with it!

have i missed anythin?!

did you get the same tape as me?

Thought that tape was ridiculously easy

ya foréigin, bochtanas. there was a debate about irish being a compulsory subject. a debate bout timpeallacht i think. stair: cúirteanna filiochta, ogham, na hannala, an ghaeltacht, an tsean gaeilge. id say if u can do the uirchill an chreagan question. the maigdileana questions were kinda hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

hey jst did my french aural...it was pretty easy. something about health cards, riots in paris, a famous french singer. did anyone do the same?

ya mean the tape that asked for the name of the wind that shakes the barley? that was a great one! no-one in my class had ever heard of general de chastilein (cant spell it...)! i crawled my way thru that maigdileana question!!!

hey jst did my french aural...it was pretty easy. something about health cards, riots in paris, a famous french singer. did anyone do the same?
    yeah did that one too, have you done the written one by any chance??

• Advertisement

no i was hoping someone else had:D i see we are in the same boat!

we'll all fail together! woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lilconventgirl

ne1 doin exam craft papers wit hints pls

ne1 doin exam craft papers wit hints pls

as in art??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Izziflusky

wat about honors chemistry? did anyone do it? or accounting pass? i hav chemistry tomorro i'm so worried!!!!!

Izziflusky wrote:
    wat about honors chemistry? did anyone do it? or accounting pass? i hav chemistry tomorro i'm so worried!!!!!

just did my chemistry today. theres no point me givin any hints cos basically you need to know everything. the experiments were titrating iron with potassium permanganate and rates of reaction and preparation of ethanoic acid.

thnx. i know those well i'll read over them again just in case i get them and study the rest! are your exams DEB?

i dont know. how do u know if its DEB??

haven't got a clue. I only know cuz there was a guy sayin wat maths questions he got and that his was DEB, an they were the same as mine....same wit biology

• Advertisement

well i dunno if mine was DEB. it didnt say it anywhere on my paper. well g'luck in ur chem anyway.

Advertisement