Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine not emptying Water

Options
  • 10-02-2007 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,
    My Washing machine has decide not to empty the water.
    Thought it might be a blocked pipe but thats fine because once the pipe was at ground level the water poured out.The sink is also emtying as usual so not a blocked drain(the pipe connects under the sink).
    Everytime it comes to the emptying part of the wash, the switch just clicks past it.
    Any Ideas?
    Thanks

P.s. my son (1 year and 9 months) has a habit of turning the switch in the middle of the wash.Could it be a worn out switch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Dunno if this helps but did you check the filter to see if its blocked?On my washing machine its on the bottom right at the front.Its a big round knob.Once you loosen this there is a kinda hard plastic net effect thing.This could be your problem if its clogged with tissue etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Second that, try the filter!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Sounds like the water pump. The pump has to pump out the water over the level of the outlet. Once the pipe is at ground level then gravity pumps it out.

Hardly the switch but it is possible , these aren't switches , more like controllers, so at some point the switch turns on the pump.

Sounds like a repair guy to check the pump. It could be stuck or blocked by something that went past the filter. I once found the handle of a cup in the pump of my dishwasher which stopped it turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

If you are handy you could take the pipes of the pump to see if anything is blocked there. Probably something clogged in the outlet pipe between the drum and the pump.

If the knob was turned mid cycle, just turn it to before the spin cycle and turn on the MC, the pump should start working.

Need to be carefull, if you take the hose of the pump, all the water from the drum could pour out onto the floor.

Advertisement