Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science day.....whats going on?

Options
  • 10-02-2007 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

science day is on next thursday but thanks to the ****ty job of promoting it,hardly anyone knows anything about the different activites planned for the day.The only thing that I have heard about is the "heros and villains" night and everyone is supposedly supposed to come in wearing lab coats over their underwear(which is not going to happen).
    Anyone know what exactly is planned for the day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

fatal wrote:
    science day is on next thursday but thanks to the ****ty job of promoting it,hardly anyone knows anything about the different activites planned for the day.The only thing that I have heard about is the "heros and villains" night and everyone is supposedly supposed to come in wearing lab coats over their underwear(which is not going to happen).
    Anyone know what exactly is planned for the day?

There's still plenty of time for the committee to get the posters up.If they do that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

there's been a load of posters up since wednesday and stuff being announced in lectures by class reps etc...

we're all doing the jock run anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Go into Th A on Monday-theres a load of posters in on your right. I saw them during Maths and remember thinking that they'd actually come up with a lot of really good ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

It looks like its going to be great fun (better than Arts day anyway). Sci-fi soc don't seem to be doing anything.

Eng day is provisionally gonna be on the first Friday back after the Christmas term

Yea eng day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

How does a "Science Day" thread end up as Law/B&L ?

Haven't heard ANYTHING about what's happening on science day

Well I passed a poster today for the afters for Science day-its a mascarade ball on in D2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i heard the jock walk is on tomorrow, so keep an eye out. for those that don't know, that's lab coat + underwear. there are a load of posters with the line up in the chemistry building. Dr. Salthouse is highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

underwear is optional...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Salthouse rocks... but I think I'll be taking the chance for a day off to catch up on my sleep tbh. I've seen his show 4 times already..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Le Rack wrote:
    underwear is optional...
    Is the lab coat also optional?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

And this is the day chosen to show 6th years around UCD....oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Raphael wrote:
    And this is the day chosen to show 6th years around UCD....oh dear.
    what date is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Tomorrow, tis the new era student shadowing thing rather than an open day, just realised that's what it sounded like I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Not being a UCD student (What AM I doing here?) but being a Scientist I must ask, is the UCD Science day purely a student thing or part of a wider University/Faculty led event with student activities organsied around it?

In other words is this a Sci Faculty organised day that incorporates student activities? Are there tours of labs for non-Science students etc.?

Just wondering. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

na, not at all. It's just a bunch of science students having some merriment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

r3nu4l wrote:
    Not being a UCD student (What AM I doing here?) but being a Scientist I must ask, is the UCD Science day purely a student thing or part of a wider University/Faculty led event with student activities organsied around it?

In other words is this a Sci Faculty organised day that incorporates student activities? Are there tours of labs for non-Science students etc.?

Just wondering. :)
    Nope, these days all "Faculty" (we don't even have them any more...) Days are student-led initiatives. Because UCD terms are shorter now with more continuous assessment, the Admin don't want faculties having to lose extra days in the name of fun and charity, so students instead just ... well, you know. Skive off. 'Tis great really. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

/me misses the old days of Sci-Day...

20 of us got attacked during a lecture by 20 half naked science students...

My people were afraid

I didn't notice a thing today, it must have been really low-profile.

• Advertisement

Saw a couple of sexy girls wearing nothing but bras and panties around the place yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Chakar wrote:
    Saw a couple of sexy girls wearing nothing but bras and panties around the place yesterday.

and not a single photo? :(

what was the day like?i didnt bother going in today.....

Free popcorn, free candy floss, free orange juice, Dr Salthouse (legend), no hot unclothed girls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I didn't actually make it into college today so I don't know how the day went but I did donate some money at 6am to collectors as they were making their way to town.

r3nu4l wrote:
    and not a single photo? :(

No but I can source a few photos from last years Science Day.

no hot unclothed girls though.
    science is the wrong place to look for that anyway..........

Advertisement