Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Milage from a Toyota 1.4 D4D?

Options
  • 10-02-2007 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

The father was thinking of changing his car for a new Toyota Auris 1.4 D4D Could anyone tell me what kind of millage the Totota 1.4 D4D will do? He currently gets about 60mpg from his Seat Toledo
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

dogg_r_69 wrote:
    The father was thinking of changing his car for a new Toyota Auris 1.4 D4D Could anyone tell me what kind of millage the Totota 1.4 D4D will do? He currently gets about 60mpg from his Seat Toledo
    Thanks.

I read somewhere that the old Corolla 1.4 D4-D got clsoe tp 1,000 km out of a tank of diesel. The Auris will probably get slightly less being a heavier car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

dogg_r_69 wrote:
    Thanks.
    from the official Toyota website

Fuel Consumption
    CO2 Emissions (Combined) 132 g/km
    Combined (L/100 km) 5.0 (56.5 mpg)
    Extra Urban (L/100 km) 4.5 (62.8 mpg)
    Urban (L/100 km) 5.8 (48.7 mpg)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Depends on his driving style and conditions. I've a Corolla 1.4 D4D and am getting an indicated 4.2l/100 km on the trip computer and 63 mpg on a calculated mileage/refill basis. There's only 4500 km on the engine so I'm hoping for a slight decrease in consumption over time. I do most of my weekly mileage on regional roads with light traffic. Took it from Kildare to Clare and back this weekend mostly at the speed limits and didn't manage to increase the trip computer figure - haven't refilled it yet so I can't double check that result. It's a nice engine - quiet with a good spread of torque although the power seems to level off when accelerating from 100 kmh.

Advertisement