Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shakespeare manga!?!?!?!?

Options
  • 10-02-2007 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

I was reading Neo, and it says their gonna realese m angas of Hamlet and R&J!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

uhh....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'd love to see a really good adaptation of something like Hamlet in anime form.

Unfortunetly these manga jobbies don't look too good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I believe the ones done above are by sweatdrop studios, met them at tomo-daichi and they were talking about it their.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This could be very interesting.

After all, Akira Kurosawa did a couple of Shakespeare adaptations transposed into fuedal Japan, and they were incredible (For those who are wondering, Throne Of Blood = Macbeth, Ran = King Lear, and The Bad Sleep Well = Hamlet).

I'd be very eager to see how this pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

GWolf wrote:
    I was reading Neo, and it says their gonna realese m angas of Hamlet and R&J!!!!!!!!!!

Have seen these in Borders bookstore in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre over the weekend. Couldn't believe it. It's actually a good place for manga. there are seperate manga and graphic novel sections instead of sticking them all together. Large range. Worth checking out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i was looking at the website for gonzo studios today and it would appear that they are doing a series of romeo + juliet. its starting 18th march. would assume someone will sub it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 >Bua<

I found it amusing that in one article (History of Manga) he is complaining about non-jp studios naming their comics as manga,
    then the next article is about these Shakespeare "manga" created in Britain.

Advertisement