Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlestations midway (PC)

Options
  • 10-02-2007 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

This was released in Ireland today and has received good reviews on IGN and gamespot. Before I buy it, I'm curious to hear opinions of anyone who has played it on the PC. Thanks

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its ok but not as good as I had hoped - which was that it might be a possible successor to the old 16-bit Carrier Command and have some strategic depth but it doesn't. Its far too arcadey and the console origins are all too evident from the control system, which is awkward to the point of stupidity. The SP campaign is over in a flash as well.

I've played a few missions only and went back to some other game. I'll play it a bit more but that probably says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thanks for that, I'll probably give it a miss and wait for Armed Assault on Friday (though I hear it's single player campaign is also lacking). Ah yes I remember carrier command well - I had it for the ST, was a brilliant game.

Advertisement