Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Price

Options
  • 10-02-2007 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hello. I am going to purchase a HD LCD TV and was quoted (from two different sony dealers) €1999 for a 40" Bravia S Series. I was just wondering a few things?
    • Is this model any good?
    • Should I buy from the local dealers or go to a sony centre?
    • What about buying online - what happens if there is a fault?
    • Should I pay the extra hundred for a full hd?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

thats a bit much for the s series... most places have it at around 1799 now... they are coming to the end of their run so u might get a few decent deals around.

the S series is the second up in the range... you really do need a minimum of digital going into them, forget about buying one if you only have analogue tv.

full hd will be great for xbox 360/ps3 and then either blu-ray/hd-dvd... if you dont plan to use either then its useless

moe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

Thanks Moe.
    Do you have any experience of the aftersale service from a sony centre?
    big_moe wrote:
    thats a bit much for the s series... most places have it at around 1799 now... they are coming to the end of their run so u might get a few decent deals around.

the S series is the second up in the range... you really do need a minimum of digital going into them, forget about buying one if you only have analogue tv.

full hd will be great for xbox 360/ps3 and then either blu-ray/hd-dvd... if you dont plan to use either then its useless

moe

nah cant say i do.

moe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

well if you intend on Sky HD, they broadcast at 1080i so you would get some beneift there, if your TV has a "Lower" HD resolution spec then your Sky HD signal may be downscaled by your tv and you may be losing some quality.

For a ton difference I'd go fullHD

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

full hd is 1080p, so even if u did have sky hd that still wouldnt make a difference. the difference 1080p makes is only noticable on screen sizes 50"+

i only just saw that part now "one hundred extra for 1080p" what tv has 1080p for €2099???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

i have the 40v2000 a few months now and its a great tv... brilliant colour.
    the new 40 v series is out now and starts around 2100 worth the extra few bob imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

brian_rbk,

Where did you purchase your 40v2000 and for how much?

Thanks.

Advertisement