Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats the fastest car you've driven

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Bmw 330ci or lexus ls400-- which felt pretty damn quick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

The quickest accelerating was this..

scan0005.jpg

The highest speed was this 400+ bhp 300zx tt , unfortunately I sold it..

vee025.jpg

Similar quick car which i still have, only 360 odd bhp..

Zed1.jpg

And a 911 sc and Ferrari 308 Gtb , neither of which is quicker than the above..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Nothing exotic, my mustang feels fast but won't go over 120 mph. The fastest I've ever been driven was 145 mph in a honda accord aerodeck with 5 people in it, that was in the early 90's and scarey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

AJ! wrote:
    Ferrari 360 Spider

Just Drove A Ferrari

Just read that thread? Did you ever get photos? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Buddy of mine's building a Z car, classic MINI body, CF Roof, Bootlid, and Bonnet, Civic VTec Type R tuned to 250 brake. He'll have it by the end of May for about 28k euro. Should be a hoot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

This brute. Vegas, Arizona over Route66, Navajo nation, round Monument Valley, then up to the Colorado Rockies and back to Vegas.

4.6 liter V8 [vroom vroom] only 300bhp though :D

http://www.supercarnews.net/ford/picture/2005-ford-mustang-convertible-fa-beach-1673/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

A 5.2 V10 450BHP Audi S8 in Mondello Park last Autumn. Handles in a way you would not expect from such a big car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

em..a 95 Mini Cooper...Its great through corners!!:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

My Dad's former e39 M5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

The fastest (and most fun) I have driven was 93mph in a 1.0l micra on a gravel road. The car had road tyres, and I couldn't hit the brakes, as the back of the car was moving around the road so much! The long right corner at the end of the straight was taken at 75-80mph, with oversteer all the way.... (induced to aovid understeering into a tree)

That was fun!

The fastest Driven on public road was 80mph on a motorway (dull on public road, madman on private roads)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If you want serious acceleration for under €4,000 that will beat anyone at the lights, just get one of these:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

it looks like the best car so far was the SLR.And im second :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭TimG

4 wheels is just 2 too many, "fastest" thing I've been on is a cr125 motocross, ur average speed durin a race might only be 50mph, but it feels faster than any car.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭natnif

I drove a holden monaro in melbourne a few yrs ago...VERY fast car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Just shy of 140mph in a Mk3 Golf VR6 on the autobahn. Didnt feel so fast.
    But on the back of a Fireblade (friend driving) doing 140+ on the autobahn, now that was fast :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Paparazzo wrote:
    If you want serious acceleration for under €4,000 that will beat anyone at the lights, just get one of these:D

VMax? Yes, then you come to a corner, and it's all t*ts up. Buy a blade for that money, or an early Blackbird. They'll accelerate faster, and actually go around corners without a week's written notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

New Volvo S80 V8 AWD 4.4ltr not too sure on the BHP but a class drive.

There was one in the country November for testing and it made its way round the dealers, a mate bought one (2.5 on order) and had this out for two days. I am going to be honest here and had it at 135 in little over 10 seconds. It had plenty more in it but not enough road and scared the bejesus out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ferrari 360, but for something I actually owned myself, my Celica 190

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

Not sure which was the fastest but the quickest ones I have driven in no particular order are a 460bhp MTM RS4, E39 BMW M5 and I drove my own Alpina B10 Bi-Turbo across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

from all the cars mentioned i think id go for the m5, when unrestricted it will do 220 mph and for such a big car thats just mad ted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

Probably about 95 in my freinds dad's bmw 530d

...but 60 km/h (down a bendy hill) on a mountain bike feels much faster, especially since a car can be around the next corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Fastest car I've driven is my current Mk3 CRX -

748893699a2717069618b733760177l.jpg

1.6 Vtec SIR. Not quite a Type R, but not far off. Very quick, and handling to die for..

Fastest car I've been a passenger in is my friend's Volkswagon Golf Limited. Only 70 made or something, and the fastest Gti Golf ever produced. It's also the only car I've ever been scared in..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Sierra Cosworth Rally Spec'd. A friend of mine was the part owner, and he used it to deliver sandwiches from his shop when his own car broke down! Fastest delivery in the west!!! (the beauty of garage insurance)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Double Post. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

drdre wrote:
    it looks like the best car so far was the SLR.And im second :)
    Did someone not say they drove rally cars? WRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

a new RX-8

not bad considering ive had my provisional licence for about 36 hours ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Road going and modifed: Silvia of some descripton dynod at 550BHP IIRC

Road going and stock: E38 BMW 750iL (5.4L V12, 328BHP) not that quick as its heavy, either that or a VR6 Golf. Neither of them what I would describe as particularly quick on the grand scale of things.

Non road Going: NASCAR Craftsman Truck, 700-850BHP, 650lb\ft (only got to drive it around pits tho :(, maybe this December I'll get to take one on the track :) )

I second what someone said about the 900 Turbo. Drove a manual one yesterday and it was WAY more impressive than what I expected. Fantastic low-end response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

was a passenger in a 04 saloon model. 2.5l i believe doing 150mph on a motorway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

the brother's evo viii isn't far shy of 300bhp and goes like stink. i don't think i went much past 90 in it but it's the accelleration that makes the ride memorable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

TheNog wrote:
    was a passenger in a 04 saloon model. 2.5l i believe doing 150mph on a motorway

lol 150 mph in a hearse :D

Advertisement