Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats the fastest car you've driven

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

My bro's BMW 535d on the M50 last year, it was like playing GTA3 when youre the cop car with the sieren on. The cars in front just move out of the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Errrrr... Daihatsu fourtrak 2.8TD. Seriously, 80mph feels fast when you gotta steer right to go straight. On closer inspection someone had let the tyres run down to about 15 PSI....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Volkswagen Polo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bengie

Mitsubishi gt3000 twin turbo wet your pants fast, my mate fine tuned the engine and its capable of 165 mph:eek: :eek: the power on take off is unreal but it will only do 4 to 5 mpg if driven hard, mad ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Citroën CX 2,5 GTI Turbo - 241 kph (homologated by police radar, unfortunately)

But for that real "feel-fast" feeling, about 130 mph in an 1,8 MX-5 with the roof down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Teg Type R, 145MPH with more to go in it, pobbly get to 155/160MPH!! It felt unreal driving it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

140 in the 2.0 TDi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I was in a McLaren SLR but the track wasn't long enough !! :D

Been on track in an SL65 AMG................that felt very fast !

I've been in all the AMG Mercs, maybe the fastest was a modified E63AMG which was derestricted. The guy reckoned it was somewhere over 535BHP and 220MPH. I dunno but it WAS quick !

Fastest feeling car was a Sierra RS500 Cosworth in race trim at Donnington about 1988/89 ! Thats was scarey as it felt too quick, too instant...........fun though !

When I was younger and even more foolish I drove a WRX Imprezza flat out on the old M1. Something I'm not proud of BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I won a raffle at a rally show in Brazil a few years ago and got the chance to drive a tuned Lancia Delta S4. I was only suposed to be driven around a track by a driver but after doing a couple of circuits he let us fly up and down the straight myself a few times. Scared to fukking life out of me. I think I heard somewhere that there is a new production Delta due out soon, anyone have any info on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

My Bugatti is the fastest car I've ever driven, every day up and down the M50....Honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

my dads mitsubishi gto i was only 17 and took it out when it was away!!! great handling for a heavy car with loads of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

When I was young and foolish, Integra Type R, R32 GTS Skyline, GT4 Celica. Fastest I've driven is 135mph at 4:45 AM one morning about 4 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

730d

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

audi tt 3.2, lotus elise and a ferrari 355 around silverstone

the most fun you can have with your clothes on (it may have been even better naked, i dont know!)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭onemanband

202 mph in the new M5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

'00 E55 AMG. a friend of mine is about to buy one!! Yipee!! Hopefully I'll get another spin or too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Aston DB9 - 6l V12 humms nicely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

onemanband wrote:
    202 mph in the new M5

I seriously love the new m5.Its the best car around.My cousin got his one remapped and de restriced from bmw and is now over 550bhp.:D

Advertisement